1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Forbidden Colours - A Lahmian Army Plog

Discussion in 'The Dead Shall Walk......' started by The Gunslinger, Mar 29, 2017.

1. The Gunslinger

The Gunslinger Skeleton

Thanks mate, I really like the white spears, brings a lighter colour to them as they were a little too dark before.

Thanks again. It's a pleasure to be here as always.

At the minute I'm working on some spirit hosts, finishing those archers from before and starting a mounted vampiress. That will give me 1000 points to start playing with, which I'm excited for.

2. The Gunslinger

The Gunslinger Skeleton

Forbidden Colours Phase Two: War Chariots
    Continuing phase two of my army I have gone over my chariots to tidy up any areas I wasn’t happy with and get them battle ready.
    [​IMG]

I have added some detail to their massive bases by adding some dead grass and some discarded equipment like shields and swords. I don’t like leaving such a large space empty and I think it makes the model look more dynamic.
    [​IMG]
    The unit Champion
    [​IMG]
    The white, turquoise and bronze connects them to my skeletons and gives the army a common style.
    [​IMG]
    The musician, I used the trumpet from the skeleton warriors kit for this guy, I preferred it to the one that came with it.
    [​IMG]
    And finally the standard bearer, which can help bring slain models back to life, which I am looking forward to using.

Let me know what you think

3. Nagash Worshiper

Nagash Worshiper Black Knight

Very nice looking chariots! I think your spot on in adding something extra for the large bases. It really gives the unit something extra and the skeleton trumpet works very well with that kit. Nice!

The Gunslinger likes this.
  4. Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly Wight King

Those look great! Is it me or do the horses kind of blend into the bases a bit too much? Too similar in color, I mean.

5. The Gunslinger

The Gunslinger Skeleton

Thanks mate, glad you like them. I think they are one of my favourite units so far, I really enjoyed taking them to that next level this time around.

Hmm, I do kinda see what you mean. They are the same colour bone as my skeletons, I wanted to give them that second wash to make them look less clean and tidy, and the desert bases are kinda similar. In person I don't think it is as bad.

6. The Gunslinger

The Gunslinger Skeleton

Forbidden Colours Phase Two: The Generals
    The final part of my phase 2 update comes in the form of the leaders of my army, Asteron, Kind of the Savons and Mara, Lady of the Dead.
    [​IMG]
    My Mounted Wight Kind was converted from Mannfred von Carstein and was made to fit in with the tomb kings inspired feel to the army.
    [​IMG]
    Mara, my female necromancer was made from a dark elf sorceress and a banshee. I wanted to move away from the traditional pathetic wretch of a necromancer and towards a powerful, but young and inexperienced spellcaster that is being manipulated by the Countess.
    [​IMG]
    And just as a treat, here is a whole army shot so far:
    [​IMG]
    I have also put together my first Vanguard Army List:

Wight King with Tomb Blade
    General, Skeleton Steed, RotN, Tomb Blade
    Necromancer

30 skeletons with spears
    3 Chariots
    20 Skeleton Archers
    3 Spirit Hosts

7. Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly Wight King

That wight king is awesome! So is the necromancer. Great kitbashes.

8. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

They look great together, a very, very nice army! Leaders, troops, heavy support, great core. Also really like how you can spot the leaders by the purple color :thumbsup:

9. The Gunslinger

The Gunslinger Skeleton

Thanks mate, I have really enjoyed putting them together and giving my army a personal touch.

Thanks again, I am really enjoying having them all finished now, the sense of achievement is pretty nice.

I took my finished 1000 points into my local gw yesterday to play my first game against a lovely looking khorne army. It ended in a draw but in reality I was losing big style. A failed charge with the skeletons and several mistakes by myself sealed my fate. The spirit hosts and archers performed brilliantly though, killing his daemon prince general and wiping out 30 bloodletters respectively. The skeletons did ok, they all died but they tied up two enemy units for the whole game.

I learnt a lot from it and I'm excited to go back in next week and have another go. Currently working on a Cairn Wraith to give me some character hunting ability.

10. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@The Gunslinger Great army shot - I'm a big fan of the white & turquoise colour scheme you've gone for on that desert basing. Nice work!