• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
I figured I should make a thread in which I will keep you all up to date with forgeworld stuff...

So first item on the agenda- The Lightning, Lightning Strike Variant and Aquila Lander (all imperial navy flyers) seem to be missing from the Forgeworld website. Are the kits being modified in some way? Or perhaps are these kits gone forever?

This could be due to the new version of the lightning now available- the Voss pattern Lightning Strike Fighter...

But it would be unusual (and a shame) for the old version to be removed because of a different pattern coming out. The new version is okay, but the old lightning was a beautiful looking aircraft.

edit: it is rumoured that there will be a new wave of flyers for regular 40k in february.... could this be connected?

Last edited:

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
I noticed that 4 kits from IA: Aeronautica were missing from the forge world website, so I asked them about it on facebook... here is their reply...

Anything that is removed from the website is, sadly, discontinued. Some of these kits (such as the Lightning) will be redesigned in future, but the Ork Fighta will not be, largely because of the new plastic kit available from Games Workshop

So those kits are gone... but there is hope that the classic lightning will return!

Last edited:

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Okay, just got a clarification message from them a few moments ago-

Sorry, we we slightly misleading there - the Voss Pattern Lightning is the redesign, we have no plans to return the old one to production.

Poor Classic Lightning :( We will miss you.

Jan 15, 2013
I don't know.. personally I won't miss the old lightning. It was one of the oldest kits in FW's range and if it did sell well they would not have discontinued it and redone it in another style.

The aquila lander however is an entirely different thing - I always felt this was a stylish addition e.g. for Grey Knights to get an Inquisitor with retinue into the fight. But then again maybe one of the upcoming plastic kits will take over that role, or it has been relegated to the valkyrie already.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Fulgrim has landed!

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/FULGRIM_PRIMARCH_OF_THE_EMPEROR'S_CHILDREN.html

Fulgrim-p1logo-v2.jpg

What do you think?

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord | Siphoner of Spammers
Staff member
True Blood
May 22, 2010
Nottingham, UK
I take it that these are supposed to be display pieces, rather than actual figures to use in games? I say that because the base is far too large for an infantry type figure in regular 40K.

I don't find the pose to be that impressive. I'd rather he were pointing the sword at someone or holding it in more of a swinging arc, than just brandishing it above his head at random. He could even have held the sword with both hands, as I'm not sure what that left hand is supposed to be doing.

The paint job is pretty good though, and the cloak is a nice touch.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Irisado said:
I take it that these are supposed to be display pieces, rather than actual figures to use in games? I say that because the base is far too large for an infantry type figure in regular 40K.

I don't find the pose to be that impressive. I'd rather he were pointing the sword at someone or holding it in more of a swinging arc, than just brandishing it above his head at random. He could even have held the sword with both hands, as I'm not sure what that left hand is supposed to be doing.

The paint job is pretty good though, and the cloak is a nice touch.

They normally have their base built into the display base so you can just take them out and game with them.

They other version of him is nicer in my opinion.

Monkey's_Uncle

Black Knight
Oh Dear!
Well...um...I'm not sure what to say really.

He looks more static than Angron, and well, that's not good really.
It's a shame, because the EC have always been one of my two favourite legions, oh well... here's hoping they don't mess Peturabo up as well.

P.S. I apologise for the inarticulate ramblings, but that model has really distressed me.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
His sword's up because this is him fighting Ferrus Manus, and their bases will slot together. He has a terminator-sized one that comes out of the larger one for gameplay though.

What other version, DDM?

Lynks

Lord of RAW
True Blood
Dec 29, 2010
Sydney
I am not particularly invested in 40k and definitely not in any space marines however I think that is a very cool model. particularly the sword. I will be in a serious struggle not to buy this model and tear it apart for bitz. (face ain't fantastic though)

Irisado

Staff member
True Blood
May 22, 2010
Nottingham, UK
Count Darvaleth said:
His sword's up because this is him fighting Ferrus Manus, and their bases will slot together.

Okay, but why not have him pointing the sword at him, or trying to stab him? Just holding it above his head like that looks silly. It doesn't even look as though he's raising it to strike his opponent.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Count Darvaleth said:
His sword's up because this is him fighting Ferrus Manus, and their bases will slot together. He has a terminator-sized one that comes out of the larger one for gameplay though.

What other version, DDM?

Strangely I have looks and I can not find it, not sure if was a leaked image a month or two back but it was Fulgrim with his sword in left hand by his side, right leg planted on some rubble and holding his legion banner in right hand. (No flag, just legion number atop a pole like in Rome.
In this image he looked very noble, not battle crazed like that one.

AHAR!

Found him, pain int he backside he is I was beginning to think I had been dreaming.

fulgrim-variant.jpg

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
Huh, that's weird. I doubt the option will exist in the kit, maybe it's an older version...? That banner is on the rubble base for the released version (and is definitely too good to be left on the base...)

EDIT: Realised I forgot to say, I really like that model.

Irisado

Staff member
True Blood
May 22, 2010
Nottingham, UK
That would have been better than the one that they went with, although the pose could still be more dynamic. It's much better than the sword of the head, and the redundant left hand pose of the other model though.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Having the sword up high like that is how you prepare to swing with a sword. You only point your sword at your opponent if you intend to thrust with the tip, and in the styles I am being taught we usually only thrust after our initial swing, not as our first move.

edit: the second fulgrim with the banner...... with his sword down there like that theres nothing he can do with it that has any power until he draws it back, but its kind of okay because hes clearly in a standing looking inspiring position. Dont know why people think the first one looks static however, not sure how anything that is dodging past on one tiptoe can be called static.

Monkey's_Uncle

Black Knight
Sanai said:
Having the sword up high like that is how you prepare to swing with a sword. You only point your sword at your opponent if you intend to thrust with the tip, and in the styles I am being taught we usually only thrust after our initial swing, not as our first move.

edit: the second fulgrim with the banner...... with his sword down there like that theres nothing he can do with it that has any power until he draws it back, but its kind of okay because hes clearly in a standing looking inspiring position. Dont know why people think the first one looks static however, not sure how anything that is dodging past on one tiptoe can be called static.
It's not so much that he's static, it's just the position of his arms doesn't look at all natural. Plus his expression is one of mild surprise, not that inspiring for a genetically-engineered, super-soldier demi-god.

I agree that the sword arm on the second one is a bit weird, I just think that overall the pose is a little more natural.

EDIT: I don't presume to know too much about sword-play (my martial arts training is strictly non-weapon), but I've never heard of anyone powering up for a swing while staring vacantly off in another direction (though knowing Fulgrim, that probably doesn't pose him any problems...)

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
I really should update this thread more regularly....

Well, the past week or so has seen a few interesting things come from forgeworld....

KHARN THE BLOODY
kharn2a.jpg

DREADCLAW ASSAULT POD
Ldreadclaw5.jpg

Also out lately have been some interesting things like 2 new artillery pieces (the Legion versions of the Basilisk & Medusa), admech Tech-Thralls with las-locks, more generic HH captains & various Death Guard & Iron Warriors bits.

edit: I think the new Kharn model might be my first Horus Heresy Character purchase- I have been waiting for them to make a model for him that I can convert for use in 40k with my CSM.

Last edited:

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Well, it looks like there is more stuff available for Horus Heresy Mechanicum armies now, namely these

Mechanicum Myrmirdon Destructors
Myrmadon-destructorsmain.jpg

along with all of the others things recently made available for Mechanicum, it is now possible to field a reasonably well fleshed out Mechanicum force for 30k games....

Tech Thralls with Las-Locks
thrallsp1.jpg

Castellax Battle-Automata
castellaxmm-4.jpg

Magos Dominus
magosdom1.jpg

Mechanicum Thallax Cohort
mech-thal-p1v2.jpg

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu