• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Feb 23, 2010
Right Behind you...
Hello everybody! I haven't read anything since the restart yet, but I'll try to do some catching up.
After the long hiatus I haven't checked back so often anymore and I'm away for a lot of times. But I'll try to do some catching up in the next few days, reading this thread and all the other new posts.

Expect more of me soon!

Great to see you back Dark! The old chapter 4 crew is starting to return.

Kavok

Wight King
Sep 23, 2012
Yeah, most of the ideas I have involving Abhorash being the sire do generally involve Kavok being a part of the group that goes out and finds him (we are going to find him aren't we? strongest warrior in the world that will more likely then not support the vampire cause...), and with it kinda going down like... I always want to just say Mort when I refer to you Dread... but I do see it kinda going down how you said, Kavok probably hearing some tales of Abhorash, realizing he needs to be stronger if he wants to be anything more then cannon fodder in the battles to come... I imagine a rather one sided duel happening at some point... And after everything was said and done, Kavok would probably end up regarding Abhorash more as a sort of King... not sure if that is normal... from everything that I have read its more like a parent and child sort of interaction... with abandoned children and all...

Dieter hates knights, that would be the real problem there ;)

There's also Shah, Mal's character.

Right, I remember you having mentioned that before...

And Shah... He might work, though I think he had his own group of mortals that he was training to have them then become vampire... I think... Or I might be mixing him up with someone else and/or remembering things in the most retarded of ways.

Also, nice to see you back to seeing stuff happening... I keep wanting to just use the names of people's characters... Dark Wolfen.

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord | Siphoner of Spammers
Staff member
True Blood
May 22, 2010
Nottingham, UK
Don't worry too much, many of us got advice on our Bios after posting them.

If you want help with any part of it feel free to shoot me a PM :)

I might be taking you up on that offer shortly, as I'm still not satisfied with my writing at the moment, even though most of it is very much in my head, as every time it goes down on the page it looks cringeworthy. I'll have to improve it as best I can, and then send it to you for advice.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
@Dark_Wolfen
Welcome back!

@Kavok

You got it right, Shah had the organisation that he seemed to sometimes pick gets from so he's certainly open to siring warriors it seems.

I might be taking you up on that offer shortly, as I'm still not satisfied with my writing at the moment, even though most of it is very much in my head, as every time it goes down on the page it looks cringeworthy. I'll have to improve it as best I can, and then send it to you for advice.

Sounds grand :) Shoot it through whenever you're ready.

The Archivist

Archivist of the word The
True Blood
@The Dread King

A quick query about the wights. While I am aware wights are self-contained, I am surprised at the number attacking. Since Faust intends to open his necromantic sight again (Morturion still being lit up like a Christmas tree) will he see any necromantic binds on the wights? If so, do they flow to the captain, another assassin or away to some far off location?

The Archivist

True Blood
@The Dread King

A quick query about the wights. While I am aware wights are self-contained, I am surprised at the number attacking. Since Faust intends to open his necromantic sight again (Morturion still being lit up like a Christmas tree) will he see any necromantic binds on the wights? If so, do they flow to the captain, another assassin or away to some far off location?

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
@The Dread King

@The Archivist He will see necromantic bonds on the wights. They will flow to the shadow mage, Nikolaus, who I mentioned in my last post. He is standing on the ledge above the pass.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
My waaaagh is big enough to take on the Council or chaos hell they would probably even be up to fight the empire

@Ghouly At this point in warhammer history, a certain waaagh under the control of a very angry warlord ( ;) ) is supposed to be roaming around and swelling in size, ready to fight chaos and/or the empire. I think your waaagh will have to worry about popularity competition as well as the established powers of the Old World.

Besides, almost any waaagh is big enough to take on any empire. The whole point of a waaagh is that the greenskins, after having amassed a certain number of troops, just throw themselves into the fray (unless their commanders are particularly cunning, in which case the Old World's established powers have something to worry about :| ).

The Archivist

True Blood
OK, I've got two posts planned. The first one is Faust working out how the wights are controlled, the second is him shooting the mage while said mage is busy dispelling the wall of fire.

I'd like to suggest that after the second post we've managed to survive, pile into the carriages as the wights do whatever releasing them does, and get out of there in the confusion.

Both of my posts need time to pass between them, so I'm not going to infringe on quality duelling time, but I felt if we wanted to escape narrowly rather than slaughtering our assailants en masse this might be the opportunity...

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
@Ghouly - at this time an O&G Waaagh that big would break the plot, as the balance is very delicate at the moment. It may be something we can feasibly through into the mix at a later stage but this early on we are still very much in the phase of introduction. Also you never answered about Graveclaw......can I have him.....pretty please.....with sugar on top.

PussInBoots1.gif

Where are all the players from the Wastes chapter gone....hardly anyone appears to be posting - have we lost the players there? Anyway in the meantime, off I go to to post!

Kavok

Wight King
Sep 23, 2012
So... I guess I now know who Kavok would want to help in this situation... Probably let Get post at least once before posting myself... Going to be reading The Red Duke in the mean time. (also, random note... is Dieter still using his zweihander? or did he pull out a smaller blade at some point? It seems kind of like he might, but I can't remember if that had actually happened...)

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
He's using his longsword at the moment (a historical longsword, so in RPG/D&D terms a bastard sword/hand and a half sword), he got disarmed at one point and was unable to find his Zweihander in the melee.

Kavok

Wight King
Sep 23, 2012
Alright, kinda felt that was the case. I had looked at your last post and saw that you said you were using a longsword instead of a greatsword or the like, but just wanted to make sure because it is slipping my mind as to when Dieter got disarmed... And I thought I was paying attention to things... *sigh*

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Alright, kinda felt that was the case. I had looked at your last post and saw that you said you were using a longsword instead of a greatsword or the like, but just wanted to make sure because it is slipping my mind as to when Dieter got disarmed... And I thought I was paying attention to things... *sigh*

It was in my first post after the attack

Unable to bring his larger weapon to bear in time the swordsman received the blow to the side of his helmet, knocking him back several paces, at the same time the prone assassin had managed to manipulate his blades to trap the Zweihander and pull it from the dazed vampire's grasp.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
@Kavok It's a good idea to read the duke (as vampire lore+brettonia lore), but the duke is dead in TVC lore. Also, Dieter lost his zweihander and pulled out a smaller blade.

@The Archivist I understand that the getaway should seem quick, but GoW wants to introduce a few more twists in chapter 4 before the escape, so we couldn't just pile into the carriages after the death/shooting of the mage. Said mage might not die easily, either. :devil2: I've PMed you about this.

If the mage died/fell unconscious, some of the wights would probably collapse before another vampire assumed control of them.

@Disciple of Nagash Some of the RPers who have characters in chapter 5 have not been online in over a week. Specifically: all of them, apart from you, @the hidden one and @Get of W'soran . The inactivity is seemingly a mystery, however, considering that some of the RPers who haven't posted in chapter 5 since it was revived have been online within the last 31 days. In the case of @Count Darvaleth , he said on July 23rd that he would be in hospital for at least a week (and away from CN in that time), and possibly longer than a week). In the case of @Malochai, he said he did not have the time to run the Hakseer anymore due to work and other responsibilities. This indicates he would have difficulty participating in the TVC II at the moment, though this might change in the future. @Sweeney Todd hasn't been online since March 18th 2014, and @Ghouly does not want to RP Graveclaw at the moment (though this role may be taken up by DoN temporarily). @Count Krieger von Blutstein has left the RP and @The Sanguine Prince is not the most frequent visitor of the forum (though he always returns. :thumbsup: to you, sir). That covers all the RPers in chapter 5, and shows that the inactive RPers are unevenly distributed between the two currently active chapters. My suggestion would be to wait until a week after chapter 4 is finished (hopefully some RPers will have returned by then, as the conditions causing them to be inactive seem temporary) and then just write an ending to chapter 5 anyway. This stops forced inactivity for the RPers in chapter 4, but gives the RPers in chapter 5 a chance to make a few more posts. If RPers return after chapter 5 is closed, they can always have flashback posts detailing how they escaped, besides the general escape that could be described in the GM posts. A group supplemental detailing what happened could be discussed and then implemented, should many returning players not have the opportunity to post in chapter 5.

Edit: ninja'd twice! :swear:

Kavok

Wight King
Sep 23, 2012
So... the vampire assassin that is attacking Anya is still alive right? Did it get done in by Anya's attack and managed to get off one last attack before finally going down, or was it just wounded? And Dieter is attacking another assassin right? The one that appeared behind him when he went to go help Anya with her assassin if I'm not mistaken...

Kavok

Wight King
Sep 23, 2012
Alright, I feel ok about that post... also, having a hooded figure appearing holding a weapon next to the injured ally and the ally trying to help her... I guess this will end interestingly... unless you want Kavok and Dieter to have a moment for Dieter to come to his senses. I'll just delete that last line in my post (really doesn't matter to me, just trying to keep up to date on things)

Edit: Actually just realized that Dieter might actually attack Kavok... seeing as Dieter is raging now, Kavok is probably the closest moving thing, and he is bleeding... So that might also be interesting if that alley wants to be explored.

Last edited:

Kavok

Wight King
Sep 23, 2012
... Pst... Archivist... You may or may not have posted your actions twice... just to make sure you realize.

Also... While reading The Red Duke and also thinking about my character more now that I've gone back and re-read his history for the re-post... I've been having some ideas as to a second(/maybe third) character for a subplot... As in Kavok's older brother (and maybe a small entourage) showing up at some point to harass Kavok. Probably some warning from some calamity prophesy from some damsel of the lady. Hmm... Need to flesh out the idea more before really presenting DoN with the idea... Question (which I think was answered a long time ago if I'm not mistaken, but I'm just not sure...), vampires have a magical... aura? not quite what I'm looking for... but basically those who are magically inclined can see something in vampires that is not found in normal mortals right? Would it be apparent that they are fueled by dark forces? Another question, I remember it being said that grail knights as being akin to the opposites of vampires... (I think...) Anyone mind explaining what lore says their immediate interactions would be? Like if the vampire was say Lahmian or Carstein and trying to conceal the fact that they are a vampire, would one know on sight what the other was?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu