1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

TVC II OOC General OOC Discussion

Discussion in 'The Vampire Council II: OOC Discussion' started by Disciple of Nagash, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

This thread will be for general OOC discussion for TVC II.

Please note this thread is not to post bios / signup thread.

:siren:Until the offical open of the TVC II this thread will be closed:siren:

2. Count Darvaleth

Count Darvaleth I <3 marmite Staff Member True Blood

:siren: Whilst you're waiting for the start of TVC II, why not sate your roleplaying thirst over at the Theatre de Vampyre forum? Pop over and see what you can join, and don't hesitate to PM me or any of the GMs for help! :siren:

3. Disciple of Nagash

Update:

Apologies for the delay. I am working through a backlog on CN.

Details for signup will be posted by the end of this week.

4. Count Darvaleth

You mentioned that we could discuss in here, where necessary, in the Guideline thread. As "here" isn't opened right now, I'll go ahead and open it!

:siren:Thread unlocked.:siren:

Perhaps "unleashed" would be a better word? xD

5. Disciple of Nagash

Naughty Darvy :smash:

I was editing the signup thread before I opened this!

However as it is not open :tongue:

Now, off to create the announcement.

6. Sanai

Sanai Stylish Deviant True Blood

This threads open right?
    First question- just to confirm from the signup thread, non vampire characters are available? Any guidelines to that if they are?
    Also, do you want all ooc discussion in this thread, or do you want discussion related to character creation in the signup thread, or just the character profiles only in the signup thread?

7. The Archivist

The Archivist Archivist of the word The Staff Member True Blood

Another question: when do we pm you the secret stuff about our characters?

8. Count Darvaleth

I think the Signup thread is just for character sheets, and this thread is for all the OOC.

Again, I'm not the official authority on this, but I would PM right away before the mountain of messages has DoN go underground for three years. :clown:

9. Chaos_Born

Chaos_Born Master Necromancer True Blood

How brief should the brief history be? I have a basic history from siring to present, would it be better to put the whole thing in my entry or to have a kind of half explained, enigmatic background?

10. Count Darvaleth

A good guideline would be to look at the lengths of the Bios from TVC I; the ones that got accepted anyway! xD

11. Sweeney Todd

Sweeney Todd Moderator Staff Member True Blood

Bloody hell, this took long enough. I'm in, my bio's already up and awaiting approval.

12. Mello

Mello Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum True Blood

As is mine. I'm so happy this moment has arrived.

I wonder if anyone can figure out my inspiration, probably...

I think I'll resend my sneaky side plot stuff,just in case

13. Zanos

Zanos Vampire Count True Blood

Huzzah! I'll probably post up my hopefully good character tomorrow, I'm much too tired right now.

14. Count Darvaleth

Anybody who wants to be sired by Kraskor (and therefore become part of the bloodline that killed Nagash!) let me know. Kraskor's 3rd Gen (Kraskor - Vekarin - Abhorash) and he's going to be doing something quite special for his sideplot with Nekhlior (if Get of W'soran's still up for it!).

15. Mello

Possibly me then I'm a bit sireless ATM, and I've only been a vampire 2 years. Hope you don't mind a manically depressive vampire :zombie3:

16. Count Darvaleth

A recruit, eh? xD You'd have to be a Blood Dragon, mind. And Kraskor would probably find all sorts of menial tasks for you to carry out during our quest. :clown:

17. Mello

Well, seeing as I am now bloodline-less, and can't do magic except the one spell of 2m teleportation, (kraskor likes his magic anyway) I can't see that being a problem..

18. Count Darvaleth

Welcome to the Banespike family. :devil2:

However that will mean you'll have to change the background of how you became a vampire; Kraskor wouldn't be fleeing hunters (he can just hop on his dragon after all) and he wouldn't die (I want to use him for TVC II!). Perhaps Kraskor was tailing the vampire that burned the village, rather than hunters; and maybe Alastor, hidden behind fallen masonry, struck the fleeing vampire to give Kraskor the opening he needed to slay the vampire. Respecting Alastor's honour, defending his home even when the foe was vastly superior and everything was in ruins, Kraskor sired Alastor.

Sound plausible?

19. Mello

Seems pretty plausible, but because I'm trying to keep my character as a reject of society what about this:

Alastor tries to stop un-named vampire from destroying the village, and gets vampirified as before for the same reason: self-protection. However instead of an army chasing him, it was kraskor, fire was started by the vampire knocking stuff over inside houses in his rampage looking for shelter.

Vampire gets killed by kraskor, who then realises that Alastor is being vampirified, and decides to take him on due to his courage etc.

That way I stay a bastard vampire, and a reject, and get kraskor as my sire!

Sound cool?

20. Count Darvaleth

You'd still have an unknown bloodline, sire, and generation; Kraskor wouldn't have sired you. You can still be his faithful slave, though. (Don't you hate it when a smiley *just* starts a new line?) xD

21. The Archivist

The Archivist Archivist of the word The Staff Member True Blood

Is it okay to agree on a bloodline but have my character blissfully unaware?

22. Mello

Blissfully unaware is fine as long as your sire is dead/absen really.

@ DarvyWell obviously not proper sire, more like adoption in that Lhamian novel with Ulrika "blood born" where the character faces similiar circumstances.

Otherwise I'll go with faithful helper, I think Alastors too proud for slave :)

23. Get of W'soran

Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

Of course, it can't be TVC without crazy crazy V'azrin or Nekhlior :tongue:

Definitely, definitely fine :D As long as OOCly it's known, after all Milosh was one of the center characters in TVC and we didn't know he was von Carstein until V'azrin turned into a villainous cur

24. Mello

is it me or does my character seem massively underpowered compared to every other character?
    nvm i'm not too bothered really.

25. Anilar

Anilar Wight King

I have more or less the same feeling, thou your character have some interesting possibilities when it comes to character interaction. But I think that DoN will tell people to either increase or lower stats to better align to what he have envisioned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.