1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

TVC II OOC General OOC Discussion

Discussion in 'The Vampire Council II: OOC Discussion' started by Disciple of Nagash, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

Sorry for going quiet again :(

As most of you know I have not really been posting as I have been working on the new forum software. Just wanted to give you an update as to my plans.

I have now decided on a phased approach, otherwise we will be waiting months for the new software. So the good news is that we will have an implementation of the new software shortly, and then additions functions installed over time.

How this affects the TVC is that I will start splitting my time to spend more time actually posting on CN, including here.

So as for how soon I can kick start again, well I am just waiting on one tweak on the new forum theme, so I anticipate that I should be able to test further and hopefully implement in the next couple of weeks.

Again, I am really sorry that the TVC II has got off to such a rocky start - just real life, and then actually fixing the forum itself has been the priorities now I have time to spend on the site again. I promise that I will shortly dedicate the time needed to ensure that the TVC progresses at an appropriate rate.

2. Count Vashra

Count Vashra Lord of Shadows True Blood

:happy: Yay! Soon I will know whether Niklaus will be joining the Council! (though the Chaos Wastes seem a strange spawning point). No hurry, though. I can wait as long as you need.
    And congratulations on almost being ready to install some new software.

3. Ordo Cruentus

Ordo Cruentus Order amongst the Dead

4. Mr Nightwere

Mr Nightwere Necromancer

Hi there, I have sprung back to life. O such joy unfounded, I am wondering weather the TVC II still lives?

5. Get of W'soran

Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

It's currently paused.

We're waiting for DoN to have time to get us going again.

Until then it'd probably be best to just make sure you're caught up (I think you dropped out during chapter 1 or 2?).

Perhaps decide where Jason will be when the story starts again since the group is divided in two.

Nice to see you around again mate :)

6. Mr Nightwere

Mr Nightwere Necromancer

I'll have to see how it goes, I kinda just disappeared there for a while...

7. Mr Nightwere

Mr Nightwere Necromancer

It seems I have come back at an opportune time however as you are off to see the queen of mysteries If Don is OK with it I should like to face my grand sire with the Council? Unless of course this would interfere with any plot the great lord Don had in mind.

8. Get of W'soran

I doubt it, for the most part it was a "Do what you want" decision for the characters.
    E.g. V'azrin didn't go because he and the Queen hate each other. Dieter went because Karl ordered that the Princess be protected.

Also it would make the more sense of the two because Jason is old and weird so he could of been ghosting their coaches without interacting with the vampires. Or went ahead of them!
    He can't really follow a bunch of vamps travelling through an arcane portal! (Although we could just say he came along and hadn't spoke if you decided to go to the wastes).

9. Count Vashra

I've also ben worrying about the plausibility of my character appearing where we are right now.

10. Get of W'soran

I wouldn't worry too much, we can make anything work as needed.

11. Count Vashra

That's a relief!

12. Harland

Harland The Colonel Staff Member True Blood

Here's some role-playing gold for you guys. I recommend zooming in, read one column at a time.

But ye of faint heart be warned, there are profanities in this text (always best to be sure, don't want to get myself banned).

[​IMG]

13. The Dread King

The Dread King Moderator Staff Member True Blood TVC II GM

This RP urgently needs to be revived, if there's anyone out there willing to do it.

The writer/interest base for this RP (and for the entire Theatre de Vampyre) is crumbling because of GM inactivity to the point where if we leave this too much longer it will have to be rebooted/restarted from scratch/a major plot twist will have to happen as too many RPers will have left and the playerbase will need to be consolidated. Even worse, this project might have to be abandoned entirely, which would be a shame.

Any ideas on how to delay the effect of/solve this/prevent it happening again once DoN and Simon return? I would suggest mini-GMs to stop it reoccurring, but I do not know how to solve the immediate problem. We can delay it by writing character history subplots, but any more ideas would be welcome here in the OOC thread for us to disciss.

This post is also a plea for the GMs to devote some attention - if and when they have the time for it, that is - to this forum section, as it is pining away - there was not a post, IC or OOC, for a month, before this one - and its playerbase is definitely decaying.

Bounce (Elenor) and Mikael K (wolfy) have not been online for months and haven't responded to recent OOC posts here. Darvy came online for the first time in several months to close his own RP recently before leaving again (although he has been online since, I'm not sure if he will carry on RPing, seeing as he was prepared to terminate his own roleplay). There are others like The Raven Lord who have stopped visting/posting entirely on the site (and others who simply don't post in this section of the forum any more); yet more are waiting (or lost interest while waiting) for their bios to be approved. This is not always the fault of this inactivity, but I think that the TVC II is an important part of this forum for many RPers - myself included - and its stalling is destroying a significant amoint of its playerbase. Indeed, there are many forum users who only post in this section, and they are just waiting to contribute to this RP. If left hanging for too long, these players can and do leave the forum.

/rant

That last paragraph may have been a bit over the top, but I made it to be a reminder that unfortunately, not everyone can wait for too long for this RP to reboot, wonderful though it is and that the inactivity is causing permanent damage to the playerbase and thus the quality of this roleplay.

It also served as a roll call of sorts. Could anyone who still wants to start or continue roleplaying in the TVC II make a post here in this discussion thread as soon as possible? It will give everyone an idea of who is left to continue roleplaying here, and thus how one might reboot the action threads in this roleplay.

14. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

I'm still lurking about

15. Kavok

Kavok Wight King

I've been checking in every so often... Though I haven't been posting because I haven't felt like I had anything important to contribute.

16. Get of W'soran

Hey Dready, you know I'm still about.

For the record The Raven Lord plans to be coming back, he had a busy uni year which left him with not enough time but I've PMed him recently and he will still be around. He certainly plans to continue with Peter anyway.

Honestly as harsh as it sounds I don't think there's any chance of continuation without DoN, he has all the important plot stuff to continue the story and I'm almost certain Simon only has things to do with the von Carstein Empire under his hat.

The real problem was the timing, we're literally either about to enter the all important Chaos Lord's base or talking to a envoy of Nefereta.

Both chapters are froze without GM input.

In the future (if this revives) then it might be a good idea to have back up plans, to share the plot points with a few of the longer term RPers who will definitely be around so that they can pick up the slack when the GM's are gone.

But you're right mate, a lot of RPs have been crumbling lately, more so then there used to be as far as I can tell.

17. Ordo Cruentus

Well, I have not been approved yet, but I still wait with hope that some day i will be able to join your ranks and have a grand game with you all.

So yes, I am still here.

It is good to see at least some posting in the OOC, I was very worried that it was dead...

18. Simon von Carstein

Simon von Carstein The Poetic Fiend True Blood TVC II GM

If it makes you feel better I've been working on background for the Carstein Empire. Places the council might visit, NPCs they might meet on their travels etc. Just to add a bit of colour to the new world order.

19. The Archivist

The Archivist Archivist of the word The Staff Member True Blood

20. Ordo Cruentus

More flavor to work with is always good.

21. Dark_Wolfen

Dark_Wolfen Grave Guard

In the same boat as everyone else. Still here, but without a GM moving the plot along we can't really do much.

22. the hidden one

the hidden one Streets Ahead

I'm still here, waiting for a response on how to continue Igor's scouting

23. Count Darvaleth

Count Darvaleth I <3 marmite Staff Member True Blood

Hello all, recently back after a long hiatus, but it's dealt with now.

That aside, DoN is a busy man and this is his baby, but I agree that this kind of hold-up isn't good for the RP. DoN should remain as GM and we should follow his story (with all the broadness that the various subplots introduce of course), but we need Plot Supervisors to manage action threads according to his plan. PMing one member about what should happen across an entire thread (ie: start and end points and any significant middle) will take much less time than full-on GMing all the action going on in TVC.

It may inevitably take away the magic DoN touch, but he can of course still GM threads of particular importance and roleplay his own characters. I can't help but feel a more consistent body of Supervisors under DoN's instruction will make a more successful RP than pure DoN, given how busy he is.

We've discussed similar before, but any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. I for one want to get back to my stuck-up, thousand-year old Blood Dragon with daddy issues.

24. Ghouly

Ghouly Liche True Blood

could we please get some update on the situation?

25. Get of W'soran

DoN is required for any update Ghouly, he was the GM and holds all needed plot info. And he's very busy currently AFAIK, even his logins to the site are quite infrequent.

I'm not sure how many people we might have lost through stagnation.

As it stands this looks pretty dead, which is disappointing but there isn't a whole lot more we can do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.