1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Our Undead pals over at tomb-kings.net have started a casual painting/modelling competition akin to our own "Turning the World to Darkness" challenges. If they are not enough to slake your thirst, you can find out more about Khemri's newest creation here: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/painting-challenge-on-khemri-forum.30854/#post-445673
  3. Big changes are coming to Age of Sigmar! Narrative battles, points and a Book! What does this mean for the Vampiric hordes?!
  4. The 9th Age, the fan made rules alternative, has had it's rules updated to version 1.3! What changes could this bring for our fellow vampires?

General's Handbook II announced!

Discussion in 'Understanding the Underworlds' started by Unas the slayer, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Grave Guard

here we go

OK, it seems to be plenty of new things. Many of them are interesting ones, but two things captured my interest..

"The General’s Handbook is to be the mechanism by which the game is continually supported every year"

"The new book will cover Allegiance Abilities for the likes of Fyreslayers, Seraphon, Slaaneshi hosts, Nighthaunts and over a dozen Others".

Regarding the release of a Handbook each year, personally I think it's good.
    From a gaming pov, everytime there's a new release, especially one that involves directly all the armies and the way you play the game, for many months there's an increase in games, with peoples that want to try all the new things, and so on.
    It will only bring positive results, we will have a system truly alive, in constant evolution, with no "consolidated tactis" that are doomed to remain the same for years...

Thoughts?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  2. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror

What this means is that Nighthaunt won't get an actual book or new models because they'll get this stop gap measure instead.
    Night haunt doesn't have enough models to use by itself as anything but a one off. It needs an actual update with expanded range.
    Also we probably still won't get new spells or artefacts just the alliegance ability. Our alliegance ability is already really good I can't see why I would replace it with anything else.

3. Unas the slayer

That's certainly true, however they have announced that the new book will cover over 16 armies so I imagine (fear) that those armies not covered by those new allegiance abilities could be merging under the other forces.
    If Nighthaunt is listed as Death sub-faction, sooner or later should receive some boost: I don't think that all those 16+ factions that will be given new tools in the GHBII, will be all completely forgotten for the next year.
    I'd prefer the certainty of something, rather than the hope of something more.
    I'm trying to see the glass half full.

Under Allegiance Abilities are listed also artefacts and command traits, so I'm pretty confident it won't only be the Death trait.
    And anyway, even if our abilities are good, I welcome new options: they will let me think to different lists and new synergies.

4. Alabaster427

Alabaster427 Minister of Thriftiness True Blood

New abilities would be sweet. They name-dropped Nighthaunt, but I wonder if there will be any other Death subfactions that get abilities, such as Flesh Eaters or Deathrattle. I'd bet that Deathrattle would allow extra models to be healed back in the hero phase or something similar in exchange for the 6+ Death save.

5. Irisado

Irisado Crypt Horror

How much is GW going to charge annually for this book? The idea of updating rules on an annual basis is potentially a positive step, but it depends how much it's going to cost. If GW were to adopt the approach of offering free rules, with books available for those who want extras, such as the narrative, then I think that this would be a much more attractive proposition.

6. Unas the slayer

IIRC, the GHB was priced around 18 Euro.
    basically, 1.50 / month, which is not bad.