1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Graveyard Terrain Tutorial

Discussion in 'Unholy Masterpieces' started by Infernal Skull, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Infernal Skull

Infernal Skull Wight King

Ol'timer, Dragonet and Woodsie like this.
  2. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror

That's fantastic. I have been mulling around building either a pyramid or tearing the skulls off of the bottom of the Magewrath Throne and using those for a catwalk or something and now I know what tools I need.

Infernal Skull likes this.
  3. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

You made it look rather surprisingly easy :) I always considered such terrain pieces impossible, but this seems manageable - if I ever get to making terrain, I want it to look just like yours!

4. Infernal Skull

Thanks, guys! Glad you like it!

5. Woodsie

Woodsie Zombie

That's a really nice piece... Need to get cracking on some terrain myself.... Inspirational...

6. Dragonet

Dragonet Wight King

I am also very inspired! Lately all my games have been at the local store or at mates' houses; I've thought of limiting my terrain collection to a 'home pitch' that'll allow me to heavily theme it. I have the best part of two Gardens Of Morr, some grave stones and some old Hero Quest tombs so I'll look forward to adding to those.

7. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror

Any tips on where to buy foam? I'm in Canada so we might not have the same franchises but there's a craft store near here that is charging $30 or so for each smallish sheet of the stuff. You can buy actual drywall or wood for a third the price.

8. Infernal Skull

Home Depot or Lowes should have the insulation foam if they have those chain stores in Canada. Otherwise look up Owens Corning Fomular Insulation Foam Boards and see if local DIY stores carry them.

Dragonet and Oppenheimer like this.
  9. Ol'timer

Ol'timer Skeleton

Outstanding as always Rob!

10. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror