1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Hadros von carstein, Lord of Wind

Discussion in 'The Necrarch Workshop' started by Count Vashra, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Count Vashra

Count Vashra Lord of Shadows True Blood

Rules development thread for Hadros von Casrtein, Lord of Winds. I may expand on him in the storywriting section later. Basically he's all about wind and the heavens.

Fluff
    A noble of Sylvania, Hadros was always interested in birds. He envied their freedom from the earth and ease of travel, and spent long hours watching them, keeping them as pets, and learning the Lore of Heavens. \
    When Vlad arrived, he sent a messenger to Hadros demanding that he come to Drakenhof immediately. Wondering what the fuss was about, Hadros went, along with his wife Hadrea. Vlad offered his gift to both of them. Hadrea accepted and was duly turned, but Hadros refused unwilling to be cursed. but Vlad had looked into his eyes and seen his hopes and dreams, and knew how to convince him. He turned Hadros' birds Undead, and constantly, subtley, suggested Hadros could live his avian dreams. Eventually the noble broke and accepted. He immediately focused on learning to shift into a swarm of bats, and refining his avian magic. he wore a bird-shaped pendent around his neck, learnt Necromancy and practised swordfighting. Soon he and his wife carved out a fair amount of territory.
    Hadros' black hair is cut short, and his blue eyes reflect the open skies which he cannot fly under, for now at least. His clothes fit his body perfectly, in a mockery of streamlining. His bird pendent grants him protection and minor levitation powers. He fights using speed, Heavens magic and from flight, and can easily use or dispel astral magic, but can lose control should his precious birds be harmed.

Rules
    WS: 7 BS: 7 S: 5 T: 5 W: 3 I: 8 A: 5 Ld: 10 Pts: 520?

Vampire Lord

Vampiric Powers: Fying Horror, Forbidden Lore (Heavens)

Undead, Vampiric, The Hunger, Loremaster (Heavens).

Bird Lover: hadros is obsessed with birds, filling the battlefield with bats, but losing control should they be set upon.
    Bat Swarms and Fell bats are Core in an army containing Hadros, and at least one unit of either must be included. You may take as many Terorgheists as would be allowed in a Grand Army. If a friendly unit with the Fly or Hover special rule is destroyed within his line of sight, Hadros gains Frenzy and Hatred against the guilty unit (or character) until he passes a test. This test is taken at -3 LD. He also Hates units with magic items that harm units with Fly, once they are revealed, e.g. Pigeon Plucker Pendent, Scarecrow Banner.

Lord of Winds: Hadros has spent his unlife mastering flight and astral magic, and now knows just about everything there is to know about it.
    Hadros adds +2 to his casting total when casting and Dispelling spells from the Lore of Heavens, and after determining the Winds of Magic and Channeling, gains 1 D6 which may be used for this Lore only. He may join units with the Fly or Hover special rule. if he joins a unit with Hover he must use that special rule until he leaves the unit (or it is destroyed).

Magic: Hadros is a Level 2 Wizard who uses spells from the Lore of Vampires and the Lore of Heavens.

Magic items:
    Bird Pendent: The exquisitely made pendent protects Hadros.
    5+ Ward, 3+ versus models with Fly/Hover.

Equipment:
    Two hand weapons

Strengths:
    Core bats
    Extra Terrorgheists
    Lore of Heavens mastery
    Extra PD for Lore of Heavens
    Higher than average I
    3++ versus enemies with Fly/Hover
    Fly, can join flying units

Weaknesses:
    Can lose control if the bats die
    Vulnerable-5++ against earth-bound foes
    No special weapons
    Beyond Pendent, no magic items
    Relatively weak in combat

Basically, strong astral magic and astral magic defence and lots of bats, but vulnerable if caught.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  2. MasterSpark

MasterSpark Nostalgian Staff Member True Blood

This is a difficult one to get right. Overall the character is fine but moving terrorgheists to special opens the door up for trouble. I'm sure people would take 4 of them if they could. My suggestion there is to let Hadros normally have as many terrorgheists as you are allowed in a grand army (which would also be 4, I think) but still have them come out of the rare section. That will limit the number to 2 in 2500pt games, and you could add one if you go up to 2700pts. In special you could bring 4 of them at 2000pts.* :scared:

Oh and you forgot to give him an Attack stat but I will assume that it's a 5?

*Edit: Although Hadros' own cost would prohibit the use in 2000pts... Oh well, there'd be 4 terrorgheists at 2500pts.

3. Count Vashra

Yes. He is supposed to have 5 Attacks. Somehow I forgot. You could use him at 2000 if you're using Undead Legions...but not everyone does. And I'll make that Terrorgheist alteration. Thanks!

4. MasterSpark

MasterSpark Nostalgian Staff Member True Blood

Last edited: Oct 13, 2014
  5. Count Vashra

Minus the cloak and plus two swords, that would look quite good. Thanks! And congratulations on reaching 4000! "envious"