1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Help building a decent list? 2400 points.

Discussion in 'The Teachings of Abhorash' started by Gerard, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Gerard

Gerard Zombie

Hey there.

I'm a long term VC player/collector. Though only recently started playing a game. I generally win most of my games, but thats because my opponents arent great and are jsut getting back into gaming.

My last list was (most generally follow this);
    2x3 Fel Bats,
    3x1 Spirit hosts
    1x5 hexwraith
    2x 5 Direwolf,
    30 Zombies,
    2x30 Skeletons
    1 Vampire Lord
    1 Necromancer
    1 Banshee
    1 Black Coach,
    1x2 Bat Swarm

It was mostly just to play around, and not doing anything too competitive. And I'll be using the same lists in the new few games so they can get a feel for the game again.

But my oppoents are brothers and have been tailoring UBER lists and testing them over the past few weeks. I want to build something pretty solid that can withstand a High Elf or Lizardman list for when the time comes.

I have available,
    All of the above. Plus More Fel bats/Bat swarms/spirit hosts.
    30 skeletons, 20 ghouls, 20 Grave Guard. 5 wraiths, another 2 vampire, 5 black knights. A terrorgeist.
    Unbuilt I have a Mortach, and a coven throne..
    Obviously I lack the big hitters with no Crypt ghouls and Vargeists; I only ever bought models I liked the look of and they never appealed. Then with Age of sigmar I kinda lost interest. (No real plans to buy any more just yet..)

So.. what would you guys suggest would be the strongest list I could build with this? :tongue:

2. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

First I'd shuffle the Coach out and make points for a Mortis Engine instead. Is that Coven Throne already built? Would they care if you played it as an Engine? Other than that, you've got a decent footslogger list already. Those Black Knight and Grave Guard units are gunna be on the small side to do any work for you, so I'd leave them out of your new list.

Also, you're spending plenty on Ethereals. I've never needed more than two Spirit Hosts and a ghost Character. You've got 3 Hosts, Hexxies, and a Banshee. You can probably squeeze some points there if you're coming up short. All three of thr Ethereal unit types you have do a job, but there's also some overlap there.

3. Gerard

Gerard Zombie

Sorry, I forgot my password and locked my self out again... Lol

Yah the Coven Throne isn't built, I was planning on making it the Mortis Engine cause it looks cooler, (back in 6th I played a necro only army for a long time. I only took Von car steins for the levy..) I have been holding off building it as I suspect it'll need painted before assembly, and I have a lot of stuff on my to do table.

I'm cool to completely rewrite the list, I was planning on buying more black Knights (maybe convert some brettonian Knights) but AoS kinda killed my passion for the moment.

4. The Sun King

The Sun King Imperator Staff Member True Blood

The list you play is good except for the coach so I would do as Adam suggests :) Also if you need broad guidelines check the link in my signature :) Happy gaming!

5. Gerard

Gerard Zombie

Thanks for the advice.
    I guess I have to get off my butt and make the damn Mortis Engine.
    I never really kit out my heroes. But I might look into it.

I hear a tooled up vampire can be scary...