1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

How many saves?

Discussion in 'Ethereal Edicts' started by Alabaster427, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Alabaster427

Alabaster427 Minister of Thriftiness True Blood

If I have, say, an AGK on TG and I use his command ability on a unit of crypt ghouls and I have a WK with standard, for insaved wounds would I take extra save rolls for Deathless Minions, Infernal Standard, and Unholy Vitality? I know there are other abilities that pretty much do the same thing. Would all abilities stack, even with the rules of one?

2. Infernal Skull

Infernal Skull Wight King

Yes, I believe they all stack, and you'd take a roll for each. I don't believe the rules of 1 apply to things stacking. ie: There's no rule of "only one save."

The 3 Rules of One are essentially:

*Only one attempt of each spell per turn.
    *A hit, wound, or save roll of one always fails.
    *Rules that generate extra attacks can only generate one extra attack.

3. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Black Knight

Yeah, they don't "stack" in the classic way (the effects don't sum), but you will have multiple ward saves, granted by different abilities