1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Our Undead pals over at tomb-kings.net have started a casual painting/modelling competition akin to our own "Turning the World to Darkness" challenges. If they are not enough to slake your thirst, you can find out more about Khemri's newest creation here: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/painting-challenge-on-khemri-forum.30854/#post-445673
  3. Big changes are coming to Age of Sigmar! Narrative battles, points and a Book! What does this mean for the Vampiric hordes?!
  4. The 9th Age, the fan made rules alternative, has had it's rules updated to version 1.3! What changes could this bring for our fellow vampires?

How to beat Chaos?

Discussion in 'Summoning the Deathrattlers' started by Alabaster427, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Alabaster427

Alabaster427 Minister of Thriftiness True Blood

After numerous battles and access to nearly every Death unit, I've forged a few really good all-comer lists. I have no fear of any Order or Destruction lists and I've never played against Death because I'm the only Death player here. However, I have a really difficult time beating a certain Tzeench list and another mixed Chaos list.

The Tzeench list has about 30 brimstone horrors, 30 blue horrors, and 30 pink horrors to bubble wrap 6 skyfires and a shaman, a lord of change, and like 3-4 other casters. I almost beat this list once, but I ended up losing because I (and everyone else) misunderstood the victory conditions. Even with understanding them now, I was really lucky and it would have been one of those wins where I got very few kill points. The problem is getting through the bubble wrap, even with a double turn. I've found the most effective way is just a bunch of Necro knights, but it still takes 2 turns (even with Vanhels, Righteous smiting, and Settra's command ability on them), which means he's going to kill a lot on his turn and possibly get a double turn. It's really difficult to get my wizards in range to cast spells without them dying first and we really don't have anything special when it comes to shooting.

The mixed chaos list has 3 Stormfiends with warpfire throwers, 9 skyfires, 50 bloodletters in a murderhost, a bloodsecrator, and Sayl the Faithless, with a couple different variant units, that typically make no difference. With the murderhost, it basically guarantees he goes first, buffing his bloodletter bomb to double attacks, hitting on 2, mortal wounds on 4. Then he just flies the stormfiends across the board with Sayl and the skyfires already have a 40" threat range. At best, I've pulled out minor losses.

There's a tournament coming up and I'm expecting to see both of these lists there. Does anyone have any suggestions to counter either of these lists?