1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Hyperlink Problem

Discussion in 'Wisdom of the Master Archive' started by Vipoid, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Vipoid

Vipoid Necromancer

(If it matters, I'm currently running Firefox)

Anyway, I was trying to post a link to my 'SGK AND Master Necromancer at 2000pts' thread.

However, when I try copying the address and using the hyperlink button, something seems to go wrong: This Thread.

(In case you can't tell, the only words I wrote and highlighted with the Hyperlink button were "This Thread.")

I also tried just pasting the link directly onto the page, but got similar results:

http://www.vampirecounts.net/Thread-SGK-AND-Master-Necromancer-at-2000pts--27168

For some reason, it only seems to be this thread that causes an issue - I've tried hyperlinking to a few different threads, and they seem to work fine. o.o

2. Lynks

Lynks Lord of RAW Staff Member True Blood

The issue is with the SGK abbreviation- the inclusion of the scroll over text unfortunately breaks the link.

3. Vipoid

Vipoid Necromancer

Ah, I see.

I'll bear that in mind when naming threads. ;)

4. Lynks

Lynks Lord of RAW Staff Member True Blood

If you would really like to link a thread but you are having this issue you could use a URL shortener like TinyURL and then rename the hyperlink

5. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

Yes this is a known problem which is very irritating. Hopefully this will not be an issue when we transfer to new software.