1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Our Undead pals over at tom-kings.net have started a casual painting/modelling competition akin to our own "Turning the World to Darkness" challenges. If they are not enough to slake your thirst, you can find out more about Khemri's newest creation here: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/painting-challenge-on-khemri-forum.30854/#post-445673
  3. Big changes are coming to Age of Sigmar! Narrative battles, points and a Book! What does this mean for the Vampiric hordes?!
  4. The 9th Age, the fan made rules alternative, has had it's rules updated to version 1.3! What changes could this bring for our fellow vampires?

Ideas for converting a tougher looking vampire on Zombie Dragon

Discussion in 'Dying to Help' started by Bradifer, Apr 18, 2017 at 5:02 AM.

1. Bradifer

Bradifer Zombie

Zombie Dragon is already built and painted.

(Using Terrorgheist head) (Color is green-rotten scheme).

Looking for any ideas for simple model replacements to full conversions - to replace the traditional Vampire Lord that rides on its back.

I wanted to go for something tougher/stronger/scarier, but wasn't sure where to start as I don't have much converting experience.

Skaven Rat Ogres seem like a neat place to start, but they're potentially too large and furry.

Any of you have suggestions or ideas for a meaner looking vampire rider? I still have the current rider NOS, but I'm looking for more than a head swap. I liked the idea of a generally beefier general.

2. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Varghulf

Would a savage orc be big enough? Maybe starting from a boar rider?

3. Menkeroth

Menkeroth A Knight of Blood

Savages lack armor. You need then either dwarves or Ironjawz. Or even Stormcasts.

4. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Varghulf

Oh sure, I was more thinking of a Strigoi replacement :redface: Large and armoured means a Chaos Warrior then, I suppose. How about the classic mounted Archaon, for example

[​IMG]