1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Interest in a VAU?

Discussion in 'Theatre de Vampyre' started by Count Vashra, May 31, 2015.

1. Count Vashra

Count Vashra Lord of Shadows True Blood

Would anybody be interested in taking part in a VAU (Vampires Amongst Us) that I am considering? If you don't know, the basic idea is that a number of characters are in a room/house/someplace, and discover that some of the group are actually Vampires. They have a few days (roughly a week per day in real time) to find all the Vampires before they are drained...

Each Vampire has a 'tell' or quirk that can help identify them, if players read their posts carefully, and the Vampires can kill humans in the 'night,' although I am not considering additional special abilities for characters, at least at this point.

So, any takers?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  2. Kavok

Kavok Wight King

Wow... the roleplay side of things have been dead lately (don't really check the other parts...)... Probably exams and other similar things... Hopefully things will pick up some during the summer time, though that does tend to be vacation time for people, so who knows...

But more on topic for the thread, I can't say I'm against doing a VAU (not sure if I truly understand all the rules for it, but I'm sure I can learn...), though from the looks of things there aren't many other people here to do basically any of the role plays... Is that normally what happens over here? People start role plays and then just disappear, and the role plays die?

No matter... If enough people decide they want to play I'll join in I guess.

3. Count Vashra

I have noticed not a lot of roleplays aren't completed. Hopefully this will at least get some interest. I thought I'd just throw it out there, at least.

4. Get of W'soran

Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

I'd tentatively say I'd like to take part. But I'm still unsure about my availability :)

5. Count Vashra

Well, I hope you find time, Get. It'd be great to have you aboard.:)

And it is relatively simple. I'll explain in detail when the proper OOC/bio thread is set up, but it's basically a case of players trying to guess from character quirks who the Vampires are, and then vote for them. The Vampires will of course be trying to deflect suspicion from themselves. At night (generally the weekends) the Vampires can discuss amongst themselves which player to kill.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  6. The Dread King

The Dread King Moderator Staff Member True Blood TVC II GM

I am interested in this. I (may) not be the most active but I will try to commit to this, for now at least.

7. Count Vashra

Excellent, Dread King! Three interested so far...one or two more and I'll put up the sign up thread.

8. Get of W'soran

Could one of the forum mods maybe stuck up an announcement?

VAU/TAU tends to be one of those RPs that attracts people who usually wouldn't be interested in RP (as it's largely a murder-mystery game!), perhaps if an announcement was put up where people who only visit other parts of the forum could see it then that would help find members?

9. Count Vashra

What would TAU be?

Yes, I agree that would be a good idea, Get.

10. Get of W'soran

Traitors amongst us, it's where the idea for VAU came from :)

I think there was a TAU around here where everyone was a vampire but the traitors were Nagashi out to kill the others.

11. Count Vashra

It's certainly a twist - Nagashi hiding amongst Vampires.