• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Demian

Vampire Count
Oct 28, 2011
I use my necromancer status in this forum to summon versed loremasters from the Asur, Asrai and Druchii parts of the warhammer world to pose a simple question:

In the End Times: Khaine book, Kouran is said to be killed by Alith Anar, in the taking of the Shrine of Khaine. The surviving Black Guard even carry his body as they retreat.

in Gav Thorpe's novel The Curse of Khaine, Kouran is mentioned to obey Malekith's desire to punish Brane Brackblood and later, Prince Torhaeron, right after Malekith dons the Phoenix King's mantle and re-takes Lothern from a Chracian invasion.

My question is...

Is Kouran dead or not?

If so... then, is Malekith hallucinating Kouran in the form of Caradryan, and/or alongside him?

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
A lot of folks have said the novels contradict the Endtimes books and they should not be considered cannon.
That's all I got for ya, mate.

Demian

Vampire Count
Oct 28, 2011
Well... it is late here, but I'll continue to read along tomorrow.

Perhaps there is a hint in the reading that could suggest Kouran is really being hallucinated by Malekith, just as Alandriel (or the previous Black Guard Captain's name is) was hallucinated in Kouran's stead.

If so, then I didn't read thoroughly D:

LordTobiothan

Crypt Horror
May 6, 2014
You mentioned asrai just to tease this ol elf player :P

Sorry that faction can't help you and I'm not a dark or high elf player.

Demian

Vampire Count
Oct 28, 2011
Sorry, haha. I didn't know who else to turn to, now that all elves are "as one" =P

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu