• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Uziel

Vargheist
Aug 29, 2011
Hello

I'm just about finished making a new version of Krell for a little project I have going. Kemmler is next. The problem is that to do them justice (according to the newer stuff), I think they both have to be Lord choices (a Dark Lord of Nagash and a Lvl 4 Necromancer justify that in my book). Although I have not made Kemmler yet, and not done the points for Krell, my guess is that they will both be in the 300-350 pts range. Would this rule be unfair for them?

Duo of Destruction: Regardless of their individual cost, you may buy both Krell and Heinrich Kemmler for your army, both as Lord Choices, for a total of 500 pts. The downside of this is that if any one of them is killed during the battle, your enemy receives the Victory Points for both of them.

This would allow them to be used in 2000 pts games, and dostill do them both justice. Since they are also an infamous "team", I don't think it to far fetched to grant 500 Victory Points if your opponent manage to kill any one of them.

Your thoughts?

ps. not tachnically a Bloodline army issue, but the closest I could find on the subjects list...

Grish

Liche
True Blood
Oct 11, 2007
Winnipeg, MB
Not enough information to answer that question.

My initial thoughts are No. With a capital N. Two lord choices, each costing 300-330, but you get a discount of 100-160 if you buy them both? That's not an insignificant cost there.

It completely depends if they are costed correctly, how much synergy, and what is the win condition. If you were playing 'watchtower' scenario it wouldn't matter a bit if you killed one or both. What matters is who controls the watchtower.

Jul 26, 2011
I agree, at 500 points you would have to make some serious disadvantages to equalize the points, and even then, a cunning general could work around these and make the two of them really quite broken. I could see Kemmler as a powerful lord, but I don't know if Krell has to be. You can take a Lord Thrall and have him be great for combat. I think you should work at a system where kemmler cost about 300 and Krell 200. Then if you run over slightly, disadvantages could bring the cost down to a reasonable level.

Uziel

Vargheist
Aug 29, 2011
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I don't see any chance at aoo of making Krell at around 200 points, as it just can't come close to do him justice. I don't know if all of you have read the latest novel in the Sigmar triology, but if you have, you know what I mean. Former chaos lord of khorne wth a fearsome magic axe as well as being near indestructible (magic armour combined with high toughness and wounds).

Two reasons why I initially don't want heim to be a hereo are;

1. the point cost will be around 300 somewhere, and you don't really se many heroes that expensive except for Dragon Mages of Caledor on Dragons perhaps.

2. He is a Dark Lord of Nagash, and one of his most fearsome generals. Don't really match up with being a Hero Choice in my opinion.

3. His history (led armies against the dwarves in the time of woe etc) supports that he would be a Lord choice, as well as the fact that he was a major Champion of Khorne at the time.

While I do see the advantages of making him a hero, as it would be very easy to include both him and Kemmler in the army. I was considering how dangerous Kemmler would be together with another Lord Choice (Vampire), but I've decided to give any army led by Kemmler quite severe army composition limitations (no Vampires at all for a start).

I'll see if I can't fisnish them both over the weekend, and I'll post a "final" draw. Maybe people an help out with the point cost, before seeing whether Krell becomes a Lord or Hero..

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu