1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Leithel's Dogs of War

Discussion in 'The Faces of Our Next Meal......' started by Leithel, Feb 8, 2016.

1. Leithel

Leithel Grave Guard

Regular, but running with a company of wolves as well as horses. Will take a while to complete.

2. Leithel

Leithel Grave Guard

So I'm still around and lurking, though I haven't painted any VB for a while. I have been painting though, this time knights.

The wolf knights of Tyris Gate.

Multibased like the halflings to make it look like a single base but it's actually a bunch of standard size bases for 9th age. These guys are for Kings of War and 9th.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Decided to try video too:

Anyway, hope you enjoy them. You can find heaps more pics and some details on them on my blog www.oddianhobbies.com

Thanks

der vued likes this.
  3. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@Leithel That NMM is stunning, you really have a knack for it. Beautifully done.

4. Leithel

Leithel Grave Guard

5. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

Those are gorgeous, not just the painting but the whole composition on the base :) not going to be reproducing that painting style, but I'd love to do flowers like those... are they home made or can I buy them somewhere?

6. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

Those are gorgeous, not just the painting but the whole composition on the base :) not going to be reproducing that painting style, but I'd love to do flowers like those... are they home made or can I buy them somewhere?

7. Leithel

Leithel Grave Guard

Thanks @Shadespyre , much appreciated. The flowers are hand made, they're easy to do though. Each flower is made from the bristle from a paint brush (the large wall painting kind). Paint it green, dip the tip in white glue and then into fine sand. Once dry, paint the sand purple, then highlight light purple or white and it's done. I make all my own grass tufts as well using a static grass applicator I made myself.

8. Shadespyre

Shadespyre Necromancer

Aha, I thought it might be something like that for the flowers. I made bull rushes once like that, only I used wire instead of bristles. They look fantastic in those bold colours, a bit like bluebells. Thanks for the tip :)

9. der vued

der vued Ghoul

Awesome work. Love them!
    Also thanks for the video. :thumbsup:

10. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

I thought NMM looks bad in motion, but it's actually still cool! Your work is awesome beyond awesomeness, all the more pity that those are not undead ;) How long does it take to paint an unit to such a standard?

11. benvoliothefirst

benvoliothefirst Grave Guard

It's a tough burden, deciding which I'm more impressed with: your NMM technique, or your evocative and beautiful basing... good problem to have!

12. Leithel

Leithel Grave Guard

So I'm still lurking around, though I haven't been posting much largely because I've been doing non VC work I'm afraid. But I still like to share a bit so here is my latest complete work, The Alcatani Fellowship

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I'm still doing videos

If you'd like more detail on how I painted and based this unit, check out my blog at oddianhobbies.com