1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Look upon My works, ye mighty, and despair... A tomb kings project

Discussion in 'The Dead Shall Walk......' started by lord marcus, Jan 30, 2018.

1. lord marcus

lord marcus Vampire Count True Blood

*cue desert/Egypt theme music (Brendan Fraiser mummy soundtrack?!?)*

Welcome, oh dessicated nobility, to a record. This grand, ever-expanding collection of scrolls will detail the re-awakening of Grand king Senwosret the first, his Dynasty, his legions, and his city from the dust of time.

Currently, Senworsets armies are scattered. A portion of my tomb kings collection is with me, but a majority is 2 hours away in my family home.

I don't have a catalogue of what that portion contains, but I will on the 17th of February 2018.

At my personal workshop I have:

1 warsphinx with crew
    1 tomb king from warsphinx
    Something like 4 charioteers on sprue.
    Excess shields
    Nagash (not really tomb kings but he is nehekharan)

Currently enroute to my workshop are

39 old style tomb guard
    2 icon bearers
    1 tomb king with great weapon
    Maybe a liche priest?

Along with my other projects, I aim to get the majority of what I have done this year.

Background:

Warhammer 2 stoked what I call the bone-itch. No not that one. Basically, I get the urge to paint skeletons again.

I now use the army for kings of war empires of Dust.

I still keep to my original fluff. The legions March from the city of Quatar, which is always semi built into the side of a mountain adjacent to the valley of kingly burials.

I've flipped flopped on paint scheme and will be repainting some of my classic stuff. Originally I painted shields and livery in white because I thought a city of marble would have pristine white shields. I now favor a predominantly crimson paint scheme.

That's what I've got for now, gentlemen. Hopefully tonight I will have something more.

2. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

Gneeheeheeheeheee :lol:

So, one more for the KoW Fraction. I can only second that, I have a EoD army lying around unassembled, and with absolutely zero motivation to paint. But one day, after Goblins, Demons, the Alien vs. Predator minis from my neighbour, and the Dread Fleet Game...ONE DAY IT WILL BE DONE!

Provide us some pictures if you like, I for myself would like to see some multibased skellies and/or other EoD units to maybe find motiviation for undead again ;)

3. lord marcus

I will when things come in/tonight when I get home to what I have.

4. lord marcus

Current issue: not remembering how to put together a warsphinx and not having a manual......

5. Alabaster427

Alabaster427 Minister of Thriftiness True Blood

The body is pretty straightforward. Just match the big pieces, they are usually right next to each other.

Alternatively, I have a sphinx that's magnetized to change between necrosphinx and warsphinx. That might off enough clues to assembling, but it will take me few days to get pics.

6. lord marcus

Acquire warsphinx construction manual. Proceed to build in one evening. Attempt to build crew, acquire super glued hands, curse them in ptra's name and give up until tommorow.

IMG_20180131_235559.jpg

7. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

Good to see another blog here! :) Just as good to see tomb kings getting some love, good luck finding all that old pieces ;) I look forward to your crimson-themed tomb kings, that not something you see very often, sounds definitely promising! And glued fingers are definitely a proof that you are really getting into it, just as stabbing yourself in the fingers with the hobby knife ;)