• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
Thanks for the comments fellas :)

About the running villager/schoolgirl, I decided against it in the end. Would have been to much a distraction, and to but him/her there I would first need a reason in the scenery for him/her to actually be there (why would there actual by a villager running around in the middle of the battlefield?).

@Lasombra: Always glad to inspire :)

@Drachenfels: Yes, the roots are magnetised. I imagine it will be really helpful to remove the tree in battle since you are supposed to move unit straight through the thing. The magnets are there to ensure the three doesn’t fall over too easily, because it is pretty fragile sadly :(

Anyways, hopefully the blood tree (and some other terrain that I will try to take pictures of) will be finished soon. Have to figure out an effective way to paint the trunk of the tree itself first though.

Melle

Sir Larpsalot, champion of larpers
True Blood
Apr 7, 2012
Sweden
check out santas corpse tree in ummm...unitfiller challenge i think it was.
johnnys woodplank on his stank looks good too. then again..no blood on those; )

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
More terrain completed and can now be added to the pile (though do note that I am only taking pictures of stuff that I paint at home, there is lots of more that will be taken pictures of on the tournament, I promise).

The Blood Tree, in all its glory!
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_P4050645_zpsba89e7c8.jpg
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_P4050646_zpsc51841f1.jpg
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_P4050648_zps28410012.jpg
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_P4050649_zps7ed381f6.jpg
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_P4050650_zpscf80b328.jpg

And here is the second Sorcerous Portal, this time a lot more modest design, but to compensate I did some fancy freehand in the gate itself.
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_P4050652_zps6166f652.jpg
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_P4050651_zps026a47f5.jpg
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_P4050653_zps01b54894.jpg

I will have to do something about the icon above the portal though. Any suggestions? I'm thinking gold.

Melle

True Blood
Apr 7, 2012
Sweden
nice freehand !!!!
hmmm, maybe just some magical glowing eyes would do the trick on icon? eyes glows wgwn activated. maybe also mimic on small skellie icons eyes around portal?

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
First: WOAH EY! Incredible stuff, as expected :O

Effect on the icon..some black, thick ectoplasm dripping from it's mouth? (;
Or a green shimmer that glows on the sorrounding structure...
Or chains. Chains are always cool! :thumbsup:

Dunno man, it's awesome already, i don't know how to awesomenerize it more xD

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
Yes I am thinking gold awesome portal and very inspiring. I think with my next zodiac bases I will try what you did above it looks amazing.

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
Thank you guys, glad you liked it.

I painted it bronze with a little verdigris, looks good. Though I no longer have it with me, it is stored with the rest of the tournament terrain at my friend's place. Will take pictures of it when at the tournament.

@Santa: Glad to inspire. I is actually pretty simple to paint, since you can be quite messy with the paint because space is messy. Just as long a the colour are in balance it's fine, orange to purple though red in mine.

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
The tournament came and went, though sadly I forgot my camera at home, so no pictures :(

I did however bring my Arcane Ruin home with me so I can post some pictures of it painted now. Here it is:
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_P4200671_zpsfc74d09f.jpg
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_P4200673_zps5b26d9f2.jpg
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_P4200674_zpsa67e19be.jpg
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_P4200676_zps676fe8c6.jpg
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_P4200677_zps82629a6b.jpg
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_P4200678_zpsc22f2c79.jpg

The blue fire turned out alright I think.

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 16, 2012
Really well painted as always, Maddy! The stones look very realistic O_O Whats nice as usually I notice they look very plastic due to how they are painted by others.

Melle

True Blood
Apr 7, 2012
Sweden
the blue fire looks really hot and very cold at the same time. so yes, 'alright' is a bit of understatement;)

not a single picture of a board? very curious how they came out, saw you got some good rep on the surface.

congrats on a welldone first event ( read the 'ris-ros'reviews

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge

Glad you liked the stone Shar, it was insanely simple to paint. Just grey drybrush over black, followed by a little brighter grey.

My brother took a few pictures, though I haven't had access to them yet. If there area any good ones of the boards I'll post them.

Lord_Mortis

Crying Dude
Nov 5, 2012
Absolutely loving all that terrain! Freaking fantastic, especially that portal made from the arcane ruins. I swear you should be winning slayer swords for things like that!

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Damn it..... Not I am going to have to make some scenery....
I hope your bloody happy now! :'(

Nice work there on the portal, I know how much of a pain it can be to try and think of something other worldly to paint once you sit down and actually have to do it.

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
Thanks for the kind words :)

Time for another little update, something quite different this time.

I'm on a commission! Ordered by our very own Melle, and I'm gonna paint loads of zombies for him :happy:

So far I have finished two, and here they are:
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_P4240682_zpsa6e9b69a.jpg
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_P4240688_zps39ea2881.jpg

They turned out very similar to my own, but I hope that's ok with the customer.

And here is a picture of my cat feeling philosophical:
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd482_Albin_Moller_P4240680_zps585510de.jpg

More zombies to come.

Tawg

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jan 16, 2012
Excellent; I really wish I had enough room to house a board/terrain. It would be so much fun to do up a whole "Themed" board.

Also, why did you take a pictures of the zombies with no light, then with light :zombie:?

Stellar work as ever, is that Tamiya clear red you used on those?

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
@Melle: Good.

@Twag: I usually take pictures with only daylight and on a black background, though it was a bit late in the evening for that this time apparently, so I took some bellow a my desk lamp too, non turned out that great though. Will take better pictures when more zombies have been painted.
Yes, it is Tamiya clear red, great colour :)

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming
Zombies look off to a great start, love the bloody look to them. Look forward to seeing more.

On a side note what a pretty kitty.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu