1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Mad 'At's Marvelous Manifestations

Discussion in 'The Faces of Our Next Meal......' started by Mad 'At, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@Mad 'At Fantastic job, and good call on ripping out the fibre optics and painting the ball as an egg. The cracks are a nice touch to it too, it really helps break up the plainness of a sphere and gives it something that draws attention.

The dragon has been painted really nicely, great detailing on the eyes in particular. I like the choice of greens too, the blueish green and lighter green really contrast together well.

2. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

For using mostly drybrush you turned it into a true beauty. I may just as well repeat what @Farmer7574 wrote

It's also kinda cool that you can manage to paint miniatures while being away ;) I did that as a child, now it's way too much of a hassle xD

3. Mad 'At

Mad 'At Dumb enough to work Staff Member True Blood

@Farmer7574: Thanks :)
    I had thoughts about painting it like a perfectly round watermelon for a while, since I had doubts if I could pull the egg off. Then I thought of the cracks and it was quite the epiphany. It really helps to get the image of an egg through.

@Borgnine: Thank you :)
    It is quite the hassle, but it is worth it just to not feel like I'm getting behind on my many projects xD

4. Mad 'At

The next random project is now finished! I started this one at the same time as the dragon, hoping to finish it during the vacation. Turned out I didn't have enough time to finish both and I had to prioritize the dragon since I would not be able to see my cousin for a while once the vacation was over. After I got back I had planned to finish these quickly, but was instead forced to put all my efforts into hosting the Swedish Championship in The 9th Age (which went really well).

That was last weekend though so this week I've had time to finish these, and here they are. All the six models for the boardgame Room 25 painted! It is not often that I paint boardgame minis, but everything aligned to make me paint these. I really like the game and hope to play it a lot. the game is quite short and simple meaning it is likely to be played quite a lot. There only six minis and it felt quite necessary to paint them because we were constantly mixing them up on the board while playing. So here they are:

The Little Girl & The Colossus
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Nerd & The Scientist
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Dude & The Bimbo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the whole team together:
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you think :)

5. Realjuan

Realjuan Zombie

I love colorful minis, and these modelsare already really interesting.

Love them.

6. Borgnine

Yeah, great job :) That's certainly something different than usual. They fit good with each other in those pairs - but the space invaders freehand is probably the best out here :)

7. Mad 'At

@Realjuan: Thanks mate, glad you like 'em :)

@Borgnine: Thank you. The Nerd is definitely my personal favourite. Not only due to the space invader but also due to his face having the best details. I am also quite pleased with the back of his head. Tried for close-cropped look rather than bald, think it turned out alright. Covering the eyes with glasses really helped these otherwise quite poor sculpts. The face of The Bimbo was just a mess.

8. Farmer7574

@Mad 'At Lovely work, nice and vibrant. The bases make them all look like they're playing those dancing games in the arcades :)

9. Mad 'At

Heyo!

Even though I've been a bit quiet around the hobby side of the forum for a while, I assure you, this is not due to lack of hobbying. It is simply because I haven’t had the chance to take any pictures. This morning I had the chance though. However, I'm off to play some 9th Age today so won't have tome to update the various plogs. Hopefully I'll get around to it later today or tomorrow. Until then, I'll through you a bone in the shape of something random I have painted up.

This is one of my favourite GW models and I've wanted to paint it for a long time, though never quite had the chance. After I had finished my Highwayman though I had an opening in the schedule and got to work on him. Now he is done. I present to you my Tzeentch Sorcerer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've more or less just copied the 'Eavy Metal version, but I am quite happy with the result. Let me know what you think :)

10. Leithel

Leithel Grave Guard

That's cool man, love the model and the paint job.

11. Farmer7574

@Mad 'At Nice mini. Great colours working together on that mini - the transition from blue to purple is really well done. That shade of gold tops it off too.

12. Borgnine

I saw that model in the internet, unpainted, many times, but didn't know he has a blank face - awesome! Great job on him, super gradients. I really like how his mace is just heavy, cold metal - very different to what the rest of his body is - maybe the book and spells are his preferred weapons and the mace is just a simple, necessary tool, means to an end ;) Or something amongst those lines. Great job, as always :thumbsup:

13. Mad 'At

I suppose I could update this plog with a bunch of pics of terrain I've been doing during my hiatus in forum activity. In no particular order:

Portals:
    [​IMG]

Other pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wasteland:
    [​IMG]

More pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jungle:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

More pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Graveyards (with my thanks to @Infernal Skull for producing the walls and the tombstones):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WIP pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

City terrain:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More pics (a LOT more):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Infernal Skull likes this.
  14. Infernal Skull

Infernal Skull Wight King

The graveyards turned out great! I love the modular tombstones & graves. And that a very sweet city layout!

Mad 'At likes this.