1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Malicht Undead Thread!

Discussion in 'The Dead Shall Walk......' started by Malicht, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Malicht

Malicht Skeleton

It's Games Workshop PVA and sand. No one believes me when I say this, but dont water the PVA down and it makes the sand look quite "natural". After that it's just Mechanicus Standard Grey all over, then drybrushed Karak Stone then Bone. The rim is Steel Legion Drab!

Glad you like Eilief!

2. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

Your edge highlights are especially awesome on the mortismaster here :) Great contrast, his robe feels really dark thanks to it. I'll try to copy it a bit and learn perhaps when I'll get to this model ;)

3. Eilief

Eilief Zombie

Nice one Malicht, thanks :)

4. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@Malicht Lovely work on that ME & Corpse Master. This is one of my favourite necromancer minis and you've pulled off a top paint job on it. Keep up the great work.

5. Malicht

Malicht Skeleton

Ta chaps, really appreciate it!

I was going to have a bit of a break away from my undead, but after playing warhammer: total war, I am tempted to do a zombie dragon... :O

Farmer7574 likes this.
  6. Borgnine

And we will appreciate that xD ZD made by you, that would be really interesting!

7. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@Malicht I'm with Borgnine, no breaks for you! :)

8. Malicht

Malicht Skeleton

Haha, Ta chaps! :D

It may take some time to get round to doing it, I have a "to paint" list as long as my arm.

When I get round to it I want it to be a four legged dragon, so there will be quite a lot of conversion work I reckon.

Borgnine likes this.
  9. Mad 'At

Mad 'At Dumb enough to work Staff Member True Blood

Glad to see are back in action @Malicht :)

I have to agree with the rest that the Hexwraiths are looking really sweet. the different blue tones are just wonderful and it works well with the bone.

Looking forward to seeing more .

10. Malicht

Malicht Skeleton

Whilst I have had stuff in vision and White Dwarf before, this is only the second time any of my undead have been in it! My Necromancer! :D

[​IMG]

I have had loads of other stuff to paint recently, but I will soon be working on my Vampire Lord on Zombie dragon. So many models, so little time :(

Dragonet likes this.
  11. Borgnine

Damnit, not only you got your stuff in GW magazines, it's not the first time! Totally deserving though xD Congratulations! Both we and GW (probably) are waiting for more :)

Dragonet likes this.
  12. Malicht

Malicht Skeleton

Ta Borg! :D

I am currently busy with life and such at the moment, but I have an idea for my Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon conversion. I just need to find the time to do it!

13. Malicht

Malicht Skeleton

Okay, here is the basics of my Zombie Dragon conversion.

[​IMG]

Still lots to do, especially lots of green stuff!

I am literally just playing around with bits and just enjoying myself! :D

Dragonet likes this.
  14. Malicht

Malicht Skeleton

Update, changed it so he isn't flying.

Wings to follow once I have done the green stuff work on the rest of him!

[​IMG]

Sessioni likes this.
  15. Sessioni

Sessioni Grave Guard

Very interesting project you have there. The pose reminds me of Lizardmen Carnosaur. I will definitely follow your progress!

16. Borgnine

Yes, very lizardman-y ;) I like it! Strange I've never seen anyone making that one wyvern into a proper dragon xD I think it looks better when standing on the ground, like an undead Tyrannosaurus ;)

Those chains on his neck would probably need some refitting, though - they look quite weird as of now. Maybe some slight bending/curving of the chain if they're supposed to be flinging forward with the momentum of the beast...

17. Malicht

Malicht Skeleton

Trying to paint my Zombie Dragon but it's so big it's difficult to take photos of it. Here is the rough colour blocking I have done on the front legs and neck/head area.

[​IMG]

Dragonet likes this.
  18. Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly Wight King

Very cool. I love the color scheme on those!

19. Malicht

Malicht Skeleton

Thanks Sharkbelly! :D

20. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

Goddammit how did you achieve that skin look on the zd?? Every time I try something similar I'll end up drawing tic tac toe squares on my minis...

21. Malicht

Malicht Skeleton

I just followed the "grain" of the skin. It's really well sculpted on these arms so I just followed em!

I think the try really is to glaze quite heavily so the lines don't look too prominent.

Theerteen likes this.
  22. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

Mkay...mine isn't finished yet, so maybe I'll try it that way. I think yours look so nice because you really found colors that work really well together. Glazing down could do the trick, thanks!

23. Borgnine

Holy excrement, that skin look frikkin' awesome! Cold and menacing, reminds me of Game of Thrones palette for the undead ;)

Malicht likes this.
  24. Irisado

Irisado Ancient Vampire Lord Staff Member True Blood

I really like that colour scheme. It is reminiscent of the colours of the Frost Wyrms of Warcraft III. Great work :).

Malicht likes this.
  25. Malicht

Malicht Skeleton

Thanks peeps! :D

I am hoping to do some more work on it Monday and Tuesday. Aiming to get the body done so I can focus on the wings the week after.