1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Minor Announcement Thread

Discussion in 'Grave News' started by Disciple of Nagash, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

This is a new minor announcement thread as the old one was cluttered with technical updates etc.

The purpose of this thread is to post minor announcements as replies, as any new threads are automatically posted onto other sites such as Ogre Stronghold, Bugman's Brewery etc, and we don't want to bother them every time we have a small bit of news!

To start off with, the first piece of news we have is that I have just opened a support section:

http://www.vampirecounts.net/Forum-Wisdom-of-the-Master

This is for members to post bug reports, how to's and member suggestions.

2. Disciple of Nagash

Due to a recent number of spambots signing up, CN's antispam software has been reactivated.

Some of you may remember earlier in the year when we were forced to take this action. The software checks all posts and deletes them if they are deemed to have spam related topic.

However this time I have managed to amend the options, meaning it only checks the posts of New Bloods, i.e those who have less than 50 posts.

In the event your post is removed and you feel it should not be, then please send me a PM.

3. Disciple of Nagash

I'm pleased to announce that Astronomicon (http://www.astronomican.com/) have agreed to link exchange, hence their banner has been added to the General Discussions links page.

4. Jazmine Ruse

Jazmine Ruse Guest

really? i have to have a look.xD

5. Count Lasombra

Count Lasombra Vampire Count True Blood

LOL...was that a bot?? :slapface:

6. Lynks

Lynks Lord of RAW Staff Member True Blood

yes, it was a bot :tongue: looks like the spam bot protection isnt going as hoped ;P.

a fun thing that they did on another forum I am on was to "hide" the forum away from the spambots, so the only place they could see to post in was this one thread. as a consequence there were all sorts of bots in contention trying to sell each other stuff. made for some quite humerous reading until the bots got around it eventually and we had to go back to blocking them

7. Disciple of Nagash

The bots been banned - there is some new protection lined up so hopefully that will make a difference.

8. Disciple of Nagash

Post icons have been updated, so when you go to post in most sections, you should see the option to use them.

I have also found an updated version of the WYSIWYG editor - this will be undergoing testing on the demo site shortly.

9. Disciple of Nagash

Though I disappeared for a while I am now back! Some RL issues I had to sort, few things getting on top of me etc. I will be working over the next week or so to get upto date.

On a side note, I think I may have finally got a WYSIWYG editor working.

10. Disciple of Nagash

Due to the number of spammers on the site, new anti-spam measures have now been enabled.

For the majority of users it should not affect you.

However, it may affect legitimate users when they first try to sign up or make posts. If you do experience any such trouble please send an email using the contact us link at the bottom of the forum page and we will be happy to assist.

11. Disciple of Nagash

Please note I have enabled a plugin that requests you to confirm acceptance of this site using cookies, due to recent changes is EU law.

For most users you should only have to do it once. If however you clear down all cookies when exiting your browser, you will need to accept every time.

12. Disciple of Nagash

I am very pleased to announce the appointment of two new To War! moderators: Seneschal and Sunny (The Sun King).

Both come recommended by Johnny (a high honour in itself), and I am sure they will do a great job supporting the members of CN, as it is they are already providing great advice.

Congrats to both of you :thumbsup:

13. Nagashizzar

Nagashizzar Vargheist

Congrats guys!! :thumbsup:

14. Disciple of Nagash

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to update you all in regards to my absence, especially after my short lived return earlier this year.

I know my lack of time has been difficult for some and I can only apologise for that. Whilst I love this site dearly and have put many years into it, there is are other things that do come before it, one being my family (the missus and two daughters).

To be blunt the last 12-18 months have been really difficult, money problems, moving, not having Internet for 3 months, and most recently moving again.

The recent issues were caused with being effectively screwed over in my job, resulting in working six hours away from where I live and only getting home at weekends. As I hope many of you will understand, such small time at home means I have to dedicate that time to my family. Whilst away from home I have limited data, hence cannot be on the net regularly.

Where are things now? Finally they look to be getting resolved. It looks like I have finally secured a job 15 minutes away from where I live, so after 4 more weeks (notice period) I will then be back into a normal life with no more money issues, and Internet access everyday! From that point I should be able to be on CN regularly, and fingers crossed no more issues for a good while.

I do want to say huge thank you to the mod team and members who have worked hard in the meantime.

I will update here again when I have more definite info.

15. Corien Sumatris

Corien Sumatris Vampire Count True Blood

Good luck with everything DoN, Hope to see you soon and good luck with everything!

16. Shareya

Shareya Vampire Count True Blood

Great to hear things are starting to work out!

becausesomeofusreallymissthechat.

couchouch /runs xD

17. Bullhax

Bullhax Vampire Count True Blood

DoN, I can very well relate, I'm very short on time ATM as well and sadly hobby stuff suffers in the mean time. Take as much time you need with your real life, your CN-life will still be here and I for one will like you just as much when you return.! xD Can't wait.!

The best of luck! See you soon!

18. Disciple of Nagash

Thanks guys :)

Chat will be one of the first things I fix, I promise. I might even splash out the nice fancy chat addon I brought up previously xD

19. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

That's great news, DoN. Glad things are looking up.

20. Shareya

Just remember with paypal you can also have the rest of us chip in for a new chat.

21. Disciple of Nagash

Certainly, those who want to help will be more than welcome xD

22. The Dread King

The Dread King Moderator Staff Member True Blood TVC II GM

DoN! You're back (or at least, in 4 weeks!)! :happy:

Two moves in a year must have been harsh on your life, moving house is the third most stressful thing that commonly occurs (it goes after divorce and terminal illness/death of a relative)! Great to see you have time for CN now, though!

As well as the chat, you might want to take a peep at reviving the Legion and TVC II...but there are other things you might want to look at. It's a great big forum you've been running all these years. xD

23. Shareya

Neat but will see in 4 weeks then :)
    In the end free programs can still be used as long as we get that <chat button> working as in the end it's magical.

24. Get of W'soran

Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

Glad to hear from you DoN! Good that things are getting better!

We've missed you around here :D

25. Disciple of Nagash

I will certainly look at reviving some things when I am back full time. However I won't overload myself as I have tended to do in the past, which has lead to becoming frustrated! TVC II will be a top priority.

The other main elements will be just getting on top of properly managing the forum, regular posting and ensuring we have necessary moderator support.

Of course the most important element will be re-commencing my plan of world perversion xD