1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

MORDHEIM: All is not quiet in the City of the Damned

Discussion in 'The Faces of Our Next Meal......' started by NebuchandnezzarCD, Jul 17, 2016.

1. NebuchandnezzarCD

NebuchandnezzarCD Zombie

MORDHEIM
    All is not quiet in the City of the Damned.

[​IMG]

As the Empire fights, this city dies.
    The streets are strewn with rubble. The citizens are dead, dying or worse and the fading fires that pock mark the city are now the only protection against the mutants and unspeakable horrors that rule the night. Once folk were drawn to this hell, the faint glow of wyrd stone and the riches and power it promises driving both the living and the dead into its depths. But times has changed the memories of men. The dead rise across the city and stalk the living. Mercenaries tear buildings apart in search of anything that they can sell or steal. Crazed bands of fanatics burn any unfortunate enough to stand in their way in a search for righteous glory.

The city has awoken from its slumber and we shall all pay the price.
    Hey guys, long time no post.
    I've recently returned from a long hiatus from the hobby due to uni and film work so its refreshing to get back into the world of Warhammer Fantasy. I've managed to persuade a few friends at uni completely new to the hobby to join me on a Mordheim campaign and so I picked up a few warbands for cheap on ebay with the plan of getting them fully painted up over summer so we don't have to play with unpainted minis. I'm going to use this thread as a form of motivation to get through painting as well as setting myself some painting targets for dates and the likes so that I can get them all sorted for heading back next term.

So far warband wise I have 2 Mercenary groups, a Witch Hunter mob, an Undead warband and Beastman herd with the plan to get the undead, witch hunters and one mercenary group done by the end of summer

First up here's a few minis from the merc warband, unfortunately there isn't much fluff as of yet since I'll personally be playing the Witch Hunters and my friend has not came up with anything as of yet. I don't want to force any fluff on him so here's the minis painted so far:
    (Unfortunately the pics have drained the colour of the reds, they're a lot hotter and dynamic face to face)

[​IMG]
    Champion

[​IMG]
    Youngblood

[​IMG]
    Swordsman and Marksman

More to come soon, I still have the Captain with sword and pistol, two Marksmen (1 with brace of pistols and 1 with crossbow) and one Swordsman with sword and dagger. Once they're done I'll take more individual photos and then a warband photo of the whole happy family.

- NCD

2. MasterSpark

MasterSpark Nostalgian Staff Member True Blood

Congratulations on getting a new group of people started with Mordheim! I'm sure you'll have a great time with it.

You're off to a good start with those warbands. What kind of terrain will you have available?

3. Mad 'At

Mad 'At Dumb enough to work Staff Member True Blood

Mordheim is really thriving around our forums it seems :)

You seem to be having a great start here. Loving the little fluff text. Do you imagine this campaign to be set a while after the traditional Mordheim campaigns? I get that impression at least.

I like the colour scheme you've gone for. Lots of dark and muted tones coupled with a striking red. The latter pictures might a bit faded but the first picture with the zombies really shows how the red pops.

Looking forward to seeing more :)

4. NebuchandnezzarCD

NebuchandnezzarCD Zombie

@MasterSpark Thanks! And I'm not 100% sure, I'm split between building my own using foam which I've never done before or buying some of the laser cut MDF houses. They seem like they'd be a pain to paint.

@Mad 'At Cheers and I'm planning to have the campaign set during the build up to the end times so the magic within the city will be going a bit crazy. Hopefully we can get some cool fluff going surrounding that.

Managed to finish off the rest of the warband now and I'm pretty happy with the results. I'm planning on colour coding the different warbands, for example with this group of mercenaries their colours are black and red while with the witch hunters I'm thinking purple and browns. I must admit I love painting these older models, they really have a lot of character behind them so I can't wait to see them in action.

[​IMG]
    Captain

[​IMG]
    Marksmen (Dark patch on sword due to shadow from pistol)

[​IMG]

Swordsman

AND NOW FOR THE WHOLE WARBAND...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm debating on what to paint next, I need to get the Witch Hunters done but I feel like painting something like a hired sword so I can mess around without having to worry about the colour coding. As of right now I have a halfling, elf and warlock to choose from:
    [​IMG]

Looking forwards to getting more painted soon.

-NCD

5. Mad 'At

Mad 'At Dumb enough to work Staff Member True Blood

That is a really cool idea. never heard of anyone choosing to explore the future of Mordheim so to be speak. But I very much like the thought of it, and the moments before the End Times sure is an interesting period in the WH history. make sure to update us with any fluff you create, cause I sure would be interested to read it :)

6. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

A very cool collection. And an ambitious start, seeing as you want to build so many warbands. But when they are this small, this seems actually manageable and will surely keep things interesting ;) I like your color scheme very much, red and black work together perfectly. The pictures are bit too dark to see all the detail, but it surely does set some goof atmosphere :)