1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Mordheim Beastmen Warband - Gharbad's Redskins

Discussion in 'The Faces of Our Next Meal......' started by MasterSpark, Jul 3, 2016.

1. MasterSpark

MasterSpark Nostalgian Staff Member True Blood

Hello all!

After having found myself outside of the hobby for a few months I'm not struggling to get back in with the start of a new Mordheim campaign looming. I'll be going with Beastmen Raiders this time and I've finished these 4 dudes so far. Let me know what you think!

First off is the chief, Gharbad Wifestealer.

Chief1.jpg

Chief2.jpg

Chief3.jpg

And then the Bestigors

Bestigors1.jpg

Bestigors3.jpg

The gory shield

Shield1.jpg

The minotaur

Minotaur2.jpg

Minotaur3.jpg

And lastly all of the together

Group2.jpg

Next up will be the shaman and a couple of gor henchmen, and then I'll have the band ready to go.

2. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@MasterSpark 'Wifestealer' - brilliant title! And I like how he's strolling around cluching someone's wife :)

I like your colour scheme here, the earthy grey and reddish flesh look good side by side. Nice touch with the gory shield too.

3. Mad 'At

Mad 'At Dumb enough to work Staff Member True Blood

@MasterSpark: Good to see some activity in here :D

The minis look nice. A very bold choice in skintone, but it works well.

Not sure about the bases though. They look a bit too green imo. I'm guessing these are intended more for Empire in Flames, but I still think something a little darker would suit them better.

4. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

Cool! They are very characterful! That reddish dark skin looks suberb :)
    Is this minotaur an older one from GW or is it from someone else?

I also checked that 'Empire in Flames' thing - I didn't know Mordheim without the city even existed :) Much more my thing. But are there only beastmen and carnival of chaos there?

5. MasterSpark

MasterSpark Nostalgian Staff Member True Blood

Thanks guys, I'm glad you also like the skin colour I've gone with. I think it fits them really well.

@Farmer7574, the captive woman is such a unique feature of the model that it just had to be included in the character somehow.

@Mad 'At, at first I was a bit skeptic about the bases as well but I'll leave them the way they are and see if they grow on me.

@Borgnine, the minotaur is from GW's old Mordheim line, all the models are from there. EiF is an official expansion to Mordheim and all warbands are supported for use there, beastmen and carnival were just the ones that were added with the expansion. Hopping between playing original Mordheim and EiF during a campaign gives a nice change of pace.

Borgnine likes this.
  6. NebuchandnezzarCD

NebuchandnezzarCD Zombie

Great work, I've always loved these minis they were in the first ever white dwarf I bought. Loving the skin colour as well they really make the colour scheme pop. Looking forwards to seeing the other minis when they're done.