1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

mortarch base size!

Discussion in 'The World That Was' started by lord voltron, May 16, 2016.

1. lord voltron

lord voltron Zombie

hi there bloodsuckers iv just bought myself a mortarch but it was the age of sigmar version and i want to put it on the fantasy base, is it the large monster base (like the arachnarok and terrorgheist)?

many thanks

2. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror

It's not that big. It's not as small as a chariot either. It's a bizarre in between size. I still have Neferata on one. I'll see about measuring it when I get home.

3. Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly Wight King

I believe it's 50x75. Same size as giants, demi-gryff cav, and others.

4. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror

Measured it. Seems to be 2 1/4" by 3 3/4".

5. Mad 'At

Mad 'At Dumb enough to work Staff Member True Blood

I am pretty sure they came with a 60x100mm base. That is what we had in mind when designing the Great Monstrous Reverent for 9th Age.

6. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror

I think that's right. That matches my measurements.

7. lord voltron

lord voltron Zombie

Many thanks for taking the time to help me people, ok that's going to be a hard one to find on eBay I guess it will be easier to make my own one out of mdf!

8. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

Or maybe get a normal chariot base, cut in half and fill the missing 1cm. Probably more trouble than building one from scratch, but you'll get the standard base sides easily out of it ;)

9. Infernal Skull

Infernal Skull Wight King

Yeah, it's the 60mm x 100mm, same as the Hell Pit Abomination and the Screaming Bell. When making one, the Easiest thing to do might be to take a bunch of 20mm squares, glue them to a piece of styrene card in a 3-wide by 5-deep layout. Trim off the excess card fill the gaps between the bases with putty. This will give you the same bevel as the other GW bases. Then, use a sanding stick to sand the edges so the base plastic and putty is smooth and uniform.

Dragonet likes this.