1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

My budding Flesh Eater Court

Discussion in 'Unholy Masterpieces' started by wayniac, Aug 17, 2016.

1. wayniac

wayniac Zombie

So I had just started this army about 3 weeks ago now with these being my first Warhammer miniatures painted in over 15 years. It's small (just the contents of the boxed army) but I'm happy with the paintjob. I went for a very natural "abhuman" approach instead of the greenish color of the studio army.

So without further ado I present "King Shivergloom's Royal Hunt":
    [​IMG]

His Royal Majesty, the Good King Shivergloom on his majestic winged steed:
    [​IMG]

(bird's eye view)
    [​IMG]

My Varghulf Courtier, the Marquis Gruelsop:
    [​IMG]

Unit of Crypt Horrors:
    [​IMG]

Unit of Crypt Flayers:
    [​IMG]

2. Schatt

Schatt Skeleton

:thumbsup: Impressive return of skilled painter:)

3. wayniac

wayniac Zombie

Thank you :) I admit I cut a lot of corners (I like to make good use of washes and drybrushing) but I like the not-quite-human effect. I'm most proud of the wings which came as an experiment with giving a heavy wash of Carroburg Crimson over a rotting flesh//pale green base; it gives a pinkish-grayish-greenish look that reminds me of spoiled meat, which is just the right look.

4. Schatt

Schatt Skeleton

Did you paint the miniatures with brush only? It took ages, in my case, to paint Zombie Dragon's wings ;)

5. wayniac

wayniac Zombie

Yes, brush only. I used a big brush :) Also I did like a rough overbrush and was rather sloppy... but unless someone looks really closely at the figure they won't see that, which is good enough for me! :)

6. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

That's a very, very good start after all those years :thumbsup: You actually have all your army painted, small as it is. Expanding it now should be better for motivation than having a collection of grey plastic soldiers that seems to be growing faster than you can paint them xD

For 'cutting corners' they look really nice - at this 'battlefield distance' at least ;) - those warm, earthly colors fit them very good.

7. Absyrtus

Absyrtus Zombie

These look fantastic!! I've just started a Flesh Eater Courts army myself, having left Warhammer some years ago and now just tentatively looking at getting back in via AoS. Great paintjob, really like the look of your army - inspiring stuff!