1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

My Extended Absence

Discussion in 'Grave News' started by Disciple of Nagash, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

Feb 12, 2008
    Greetings all!

I just thought I should pop in and give a heads up over my extended absence.

This time surprisingly it is not down to family or work but a more annoying obstacle, my Internet provider.

As some of you know I moved recently and my IP screwed up the transfer, their engineers failing to turn up twice in a row. So I told them to screw their service (a bit politer than that xD), and went to get it from someone else......only to find the previous IP screwed up my records which until fixed means no one else can quote me. Finally got that done today, but it will take three days to replicate in the other IPs system!

So to say I'm annoyed is an understatement! I've been without Internet for nearly a month now and I am finding it difficult to get by without my regular por....ah....CN fix xD

I have very limited mobile data hence I have to ration it :(

So long story short, I am still here, and I will be back and posting regularly once my Internet is sorted.

Sorry to all those who I know are waiting on me, especially the TVC II players. I would have posted sooner but I really thought it would have been sorted by now..

So hopefully see you all soon!
  2. Shareya

Shareya Vampire Count True Blood

Dec 16, 2012
    Aw that sucks! Hope you get your stuff together soon and can come back

...And go through the mountains of pm's aand mails about TVC *grins* xD
  3. Santawraith

Santawraith Moderator Staff Member True Blood

Jun 6, 2010
    It is ok I understand the need for the po... cn fix, I am glad my mobil date is unlimited in this. Looking forward to having you back.
  4. Melle

Melle Sir Larpsalot, champion of larpers True Blood

Apr 7, 2012
    ya unlimited mobile data ftw:)
  5. Duke Danse Macabre

Duke Danse Macabre The Duke Staff Member True Blood

Sep 16, 2010
    Ok, I'm going to bounce you a PM.

I had the same problem with BT openreach screwing up a port to sky about a month and an hald back so I bought a Dongle to tide me over.
    Cost me £30.
    Came with 3 months usage and a terrible 1 gig fair usage but even once over fair usage it has unlimmited browsing so it works on facebook, ebay, Carpe etc, just won't play videos.

Anyway still got the dongle and my net is working now, has a decent speed on it so bounce me a message back and I will mail you it.
  6. Uziel

Uziel Vargheist

Aug 29, 2011
    Good to hear that it "nothing serious" DoN.
  7. Zephyr

Zephyr Master Necromancer True Blood

Mar 3, 2008
    That plain sucks DoN :mad2: Hope it does get sorted out soon.
  8. Irisado

Irisado Ancient Vampire Lord Staff Member True Blood

May 22, 2010
    I'm glad to hear that it's nothing more serious than an internet issue, although that's annoying in its own right.
  9. Monkey's_Uncle

Monkey's_Uncle Wight King

Aug 2, 2010
    Sorry to hear that mate, we've been royally screwed over by one ISP or another over the years.
    Most of my mate's have had bad experiences with BT, not turning up to do the jobs and the like.
    But all of 'em seem to be into trying anything if they think they can get away with it.
  10. Get of W'soran

Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

Apr 23, 2008
    Glad to hear it's nothing more serious than that! Hopefully you get sorted soon.