1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

My first skeletons and wight king

Discussion in 'Unholy Masterpieces' started by Wight King Walheim, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Wight King Walheim

Wight King Walheim Zombie

Hey! Here are my first painted ones! Was trying to go for a more "natural" spooky feeling.
    What do you guys think about them? 20160622_180348.jpg 20160622_180049.jpg 20160622_180155.jpg

2. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

The weathering on His Highness' cape is really good! And the corrosion on the metal is ace too. Nice work, especially for a first outing.

3. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@Wight King Walheim The weathering goes really well on the red cape and this all syncs up nicely with the basing. Nice job!

4. Wight King Walheim

Thank you guys! It feels really good to hear that after spending a good amount of time thinking about how to get it right :)

Farmer7574 likes this.
  5. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

As it was already said - very nice weathering, a good band of skellies :) The bases are also well done, those tufts are good. Bases' sides could use another layer of paint, but that's probably just nitpicking. We all wait for more :)

Count Walheim likes this.
  6. Mad 'At

Mad 'At Dumb enough to work Staff Member True Blood

@Wight King Walheim: That is a nice looking bunch :)
    Or rather not so nice looking, more grim and gritty. But it is a very suitable look ;)
    I especially like the moss green splatters on the shields, it adds a lot to the overall feel. What did use to make it? Just paint?

You should check out the painting challenge we got going on. This time we are doing core infantry and your skeletons would fit right in.

7. Seneschal

Seneschal Liche True Blood

Very cool :)
    They look like ferocious and ready for action

8. Wight King Walheim

I based it with death world forest, then niugle green and sploshing the green dots with nurgle rot! Thank you for the kind words! :)