1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Nagash the Unbroken question...

Discussion in 'Liber Mortis' started by Gates of the Netherworld, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Gates of the Netherworld

Gates of the Netherworld Zombie

For those of you who read Nagash the Unbroken, when Nagash begins to take over the native barbarians of Cripple Peak, there is a storyline of a feud between the more brutish fellows Nagash is settled with...and the other "kingdom." It has things like, if I remember correctly, a "god of the eye" or something similar, and a charismatic "blessed" (Recall, they believe Nagash an angry god later on, so "blessed" may not be the best term...) leader.

It seemed to have its own small history, so I was wondering if there was any tangible links to other sources that could explain what happened...or if they were just a nameless culture that the Black Library created with their own "legends" for Nagash to tear apart.

2. UndeadSi87

UndeadSi87 Skeleton

As far as I know, they've always been just mentioned as the barbarian Tribes that lived near cripple peak. at this time in the Warhammer world, the Empire itself was justa lose affliation of barbarians and I think this is just black libary putting in a generic group of people who would succumb and provide fodder for nagash.

Its the same really as Kadon and Morkhain where, building on the burial of Alcadizzar (spelling) he came to be viewed as a great powerful being...wearing the crown of Nagash and all..then ofcourse Ushoran shows up and agian does exactly the same thing. Not to bright down in the badlands :)

3. John Rainbow

John Rainbow Vargheist

Yeah I think UndeadSi87 has it. The stuff I've read tends to describe them as pretty uncivilised degenerates who were all too keen to worship Nagash and devolve to cannibalism.

4. lord marcus

lord marcus Vampire Count True Blood

Just another fluff group. chaff to make the story go foward, although the mention of an eye could be used to insinuate chaos worship.

5. Gates of the Netherworld

Gates of the Netherworld Zombie

Roger that...
    I had initially, for some reason, drew a connection of that story as a parallel to the Dark Elves...don't know why. Though, this story seems to be common with corruption in general.