• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

The Pale Lady

Black Knight
Jul 6, 2008
How does it work regarding spirits?

Does a vampire just chant the correct spell and a nameless spirit is plucked from the aethyr? Or can the vampire bring back a specific spirit?

Secondly, how does it work regarding other vampires? I know that the vampire's soul is suffused into his body, and when he is slain, the spirit is trapped there in his remains for all eternity, but can necromancy bring the vampire's spirit back, if the remains are lost?

Lots of questions!

TPL

Crimson

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jun 28, 2008
In the Deep Darkness of My Mind
The Pale Lady,

Concerning Spirits and other Ethereal creatures, I'm guessing you are referring to something along the lines of Spirit Hosts, generally Vampires conduct such spells at the correct moments. This time is when an individual is slain and the part of the individual soul which resides within the physical substance of the being leaves the mortal shell and becomes one with the Aethyr to be consumed by Chaos.

Note: (The souls of mortals exist within the Aethyr as much as they do within the fabric of the mortal's physical body.)

Now, for most Vampires they are only able to bind souls to their will at the moment which the portion of the soul that resides within the individual is moving from the plane of mortal existence to that of the Aethyr, however some notable individuals have been able to reach into the Aethyr to retrieve the soul of another. The ability of the individual who is to preform such a feat must be very great, as the only known individual to do this is Nagash.

For your last question, a Vampire's soul is totally bound to the individual's Kha or rather physical shell, and cut off from the Aethyr all together. As such all parts of a Vampires person reside within its physical form, such as its Ka (ego, reason and abstract thought), Ba (emotion, subconscious self), Ab (awareness of right and wrong), and Sekhem (Life force).

In a mortal part of its soul resides in the Aethyr while part of it resides within the mortal shell, and as such the mortal's Sehkem can be affected by Chaos, whilst a Vampires cannot.

As such, as the Vampires soul is completely cut off from the Aethyr, and resides within its physical shell it would be seemingly impossible for an individual such as a necromancer to bring back the spirit of a vampire without its remains, as a necromancer cannot retrieve a vampires soul from the Aethyr. We must remember that as long as part of the vampires physical form exists it is not dead and can be revived as the soul continues to reside within the physical remains. A good example of a Vampire being revived from its physical remains would be that of the resurrection of Mannfred von Carstein, after his "death" at Hel Fenn.

I hope this will suffice for your questions, if not I would recommend reading either of the following books: Liber Necris, or Night's Dark Masters.

~Crimson

The Pale Lady

Black Knight
Jul 6, 2008
That is extremely useful, thank you so much. You have answered nearly everything I was confused about. I have one last question, I think, which is based on what you have said, if you had a part of the vampires remains - but not all - say something small like a piece of bone or a finger or a lock of hair or some such thing, would it be possible to summon a portion of the vampires essence? Perhaps it would be fragmented, or only one of the sub-levels of the soul that you were referring to, but would it be feasable or not?

If you can, can you answer the above question based on two circumstances:

1) The necromancer has a small part of the vampire's remains, but the rest are buried somewhere, intact.

2) The necromancer has a small part of the vampire's remains, but the rest have long since been completely destroyed, ever ounce of them completely cleansed and scattered.

Thanks so much!

TPL

Crimson

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jun 28, 2008
In the Deep Darkness of My Mind
The Pale Lady,

It would only be feasible by knowledge under the first circumstance to summon a "portion" of the Vampire's essence, or rather to commune with the Vampires subconscious being. As the small part of the Vampires remains which the Necromancer would have would allow communication with the greater part of the Vampires being.

The second situation would not be possible as it would refer to a large portion of the Vampires soul being completely destroyed and never recoverable. In a "Burn the Ashes, and scatter them upon the Wind", sense.

I hope this will assist you further more,
~Crimson

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu