1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Neferata on foot

Discussion in 'The Necrarch Workshop' started by Oppenheimer, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror

So I already have a lamia on horseback model that I would love to use as Nefarata without having to shell out money on the new mortarch model. So I was trying to reverse engineer the combined stat line of her on a dread abyssal.

I have her stat line as the same as in the nagash book except I dropped the T to 5, W to 3 and A to 4 as it seems like the abyssal gives 1 T, 5 extra wounds and 4 extra attacks to every character mounted on it.

I also used all the special rules except took off Fly, Large Target and Terror.

Unfortunately since all the Mortarchs on Abyssals are the same points even though the base points for Mannfred and Arkhan are wildly different in their origional material I can't reverse engineer Nefarata's points.

I'm assuming that since I"m making it up I can talk about points here but let me know if I'm wrong. I was thinking maybe 400 points for her plust he cost of the nightmare I'll put her on? What do you guys think, does that sound reasonable? It's more than Heinrich but less than Mannfred, but I think she's less useful than Mannfred.

I might also do the same thing with Mannfred and use his new stat line with his old mounted on nightmare option as well so I don't have to buy a new model for him.

I don't have an Archan model so I might just buy the new one for him.

2. dongilles

dongilles Grave Guard

I dont think there is a good way to engineer you own rules, at least in my playgroup this would not be accepted because they would always think it would to powerfull.

But if you are buying mannfred then you could magnetize the model so you can also use nefarate. There was a post ob warseer i think that its an easy job. ( if I find the post I will let you know.

Or you can do what I did for Nagash. I still had the old model that I really love so i put him on a large base and made some tomb stones, zombies comming out of the earth and I will add more stuff. Now i can still use my beloved model with the new rules

3. Gates of the Netherworld

Gates of the Netherworld Zombie

6th Edition Vampire Counts, from what I recall, had a Neferata statline, if that helps. If I cam find my old copy, I can pm you the stats/rules.

There's a lovely battle report on Neferata vs Khalida that used those rules here

Typically, people will let you use your rules if either
    A) House rules
    or
    B) They can use some rule or model of their own as well

(As in the case of the TK Bone Throwers and old Neferata)

4. Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer Crypt Horror

gates: I only have VC 7th and 8th. A PM would be nice. I don't know how much the point values have been adjusted from 6-8 at all but it seems to me like her stat line is from 6th based on the 4 attacks for a VL instead of the 5 they get now.

dongilles: I'm still mulling over even buying a mortarch model. I bought a TK batallion so I've got lots of modelling to do so a big complicated model like the mortarchs, especially if I try to magnitize them or something, will probably have to wait a while.

5. Gates of the Netherworld

Gates of the Netherworld Zombie

Okay, and I'm back.
    It was 5th edition Neferata
    PM'ing you...