• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

hornywingythingy

Skeleton
Feb 3, 2012
Wales
This is the idea I was playing with for an all cav 2000pt force.
General on barded steed with shield, sword of antiheroes, reroll armour saves talisman and armour of fortune

Wizard lord level 4 (life or light) on steed, 4+ ward and powerstone.

Captain bsb on barded steed with full plate shield and lance. 5+ ward

Warrior priest on barded steed heavy armour, stubborn crown and enchanted shield

Warrior priest on barded steed with shield.
Armour of destiny

Captain on barded steed with plate, shield and lance

8 inner circle knights
FC and steel standard/warbanner

10 knights with FC

8 reiksguard knights
FC and banner of swiftness

4 demi gryphs with halberds.
1997 total.

But I was considering losing the demi gryphs, replacing them with 5 outriders and 5 pistoliers which would leave 38 points for possibly another knight and some upgrades.

Not really thinking about it as an army 'to win' but thought it would be lots of fun to play. Not that I actually have the models to field it, but I can always borrow my mates empire to give it a try.

@ arbogast cool, wishing you luck, break your horseys leg and all. :D

arbogast

Grave Guard
Sep 1, 2010
hornywingythingy said:
This is the idea I was playing with for an all cav 2000pt force.

@ arbogast cool, wishing you luck, break your horseys leg and all. :D

That list sounds fun! Lately I've been playing with a bigger unit of pistoliers (10-16). They've been pretty fun that way!

In a smaller game, 5 demigrphy knights would probably be nasty--though I'd think about keeping the lance/shield for the 2+ armor save.

Today's list:

Wizard Lord of Light (lvl 4); dispel scroll, potion of toughness

Witch Hunter; brace of pistols, biting blade

Warrior Priest; armor meteoric iron

Master Engineer

40 Spearmen w/shields and command (Led by Priest)
20 Handgunnger (Detach)
20 Crossbowmen (Detach)

30 Flagellants

10 Pistoliers

30 Militia w/command (led by Witch Hunter)

1 Helblaster

Debating on having the wizard go with the militia and flagellants to provide support, or staying back with the Spearmen and missile units.

arbogast

Grave Guard
Sep 1, 2010
hornywingythingy said:
No bsb? No captains? It looks interesting, any idea what you are facing? As afforementioned good luck!

Yeah, I know...but as we've found, it's hard to fit everything in a 2k list!

I might be going up against VCs, Skaven, or Ogres.

This list is more to get a feeling for the infantry and testing out some theories about the characters' abilities. And fun, too. :)

Aedin

Black Knight
Oct 23, 2011
I think empire infantry is actually going to be competitive. I know you wont get the auto-flank counter charge but you can still do it manually in the next turn or set up for multiple charges. Hold the line will keep them fighting and giving great swords and its two detachments of helberds getting 5+ ward save and plus one to hit with hatred sounds nice to me. Maybe throw a lore of beast wizard out there and give units +1 str and T or the lore of fire with +1 to wound and magical flaming attacks.

and how about that witch hunter on a flying carpet for some character sniper action. since he has sniper and his shots count as magical attacks it don't sound like any banshee is safe. Heinrick is defiantly not safe lol

datalink7

Black Knight
Aug 30, 2010
arbogast said:
hornywingythingy said:
No bsb? No captains? It looks interesting, any idea what you are facing? As afforementioned good luck!

Yeah, I know...but as we've found, it's hard to fit everything in a 2k list!

I might be going up against VCs, Skaven, or Ogres.

This list is more to get a feeling for the infantry and testing out some theories about the characters' abilities. And fun, too. :)

Well, with two of the three armies you are facing causing fear or terror, I think you might want to fit a BSB in there somewhere.

tinfish

Skeleton
Apr 12, 2012
I like the new rules for the Helstrom, if my DE Bolt Throwers worked in a similar fashion I might actually buy one.

It fits with its fluff.
Now I never owned a Mortar, and for the next 4-8 years I never will. As the op states, it needed a nerf of increase in cost, both? Pfff..

Witch Hunters! Woo! My Vampires will rip out their hearts and eat them!

I will get a Huricanum, 3-6 Monstrouas Cav and a Griffon, probably 2 witch hunters. So I will get some joy out of it.

I am happy with the Steam Tank, to me it seems "Fair" now, 250 points for a AS 1 T6 model with 10 wounds, it wont be one shot killed often, while it is a touch vulnrable to Lance or great weapon charges now, that said, S6 lance wounds on a 4+, saved on a 4+ hardly broken, it just means my Bretonnians can defeat it without relying on Characters or Magic.

It also lost a big vulnrability, can be healed, can be given a ward. They balanced it imho, yet broke the mortar :D Wish they were more consistent.

At 170 points I still see the Griffon being a fairly costly weakling.

Nothing on my shelf will be "shelved" so to speak. I think the Hurricanum looks fun, the "lazer" alternative? How easy it it to dispell? With priests and Wizards fighting over power dice, who wants to throw them at that thing?

All in all, pretty cool stuff.

bonesaww666

Skeleton
Jan 17, 2012
The Speculum is insane. Not only Chaos Lords but GD's there is nothing more depressing then watching you fancy Lord and 25% of your army get poned by a jerk off with his magical baubble...

sonova

Skeleton
May 4, 2012
If you are accepting challenges with your Vampire lord, you are doing it wrong. This is the #1 reason why the dreadknight vamp power is garbage.

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
Jan 25, 2012
California
sonova said:
If you are accepting challenges with your Vampire lord, you are doing it wrong. This is the #1 reason why the dreadknight vamp power is garbage.

Against Empire sure challenges suck but a Vamp Lord can kill/Maim anything but a tooled chaos lord or a great unclean one.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu