1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

New Nighthaunts

Discussion in 'Gateway to the Realms' started by Menkeroth, May 12, 2018.

1. Menkeroth

Menkeroth A Knight of Blood

Have you already seen the new ghosts? I can't say I like them all, but man, lots of them! In different shapes and kinds. Now that's something!

2. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Wight King

Link for convenience.

I'm pretty excited xD

Menkeroth likes this.
  3. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

I still don't know if I want all the ghosts, but the black coach looks pretty cool!

EDIT: Aww, got ninja'd by @Unas the slayer

4. Menkeroth

Yeah, coach is a must, certainly.

5. Irisado

Irisado Ancient Vampire Lord Staff Member True Blood

The Nighthaunt models and video are fantastic, especially with that eerie voice-over. I will definitely be buying that new Black Coach just for the model alone.

6. DocteurQui

DocteurQui Skeleton

I really like it, didn't really like Nighthaunt as much before, but these new models really make me reconsider my opinion on them. There also seemed to be a new bigger character coming up? In the trailer there's this one shot of almost a silhouette kinda thing, maybe the voice-over lady could be hiding in there or something? Cause we almost have to get a model of her I think, don't we?

7. El Syf

El Syf Crypt Horror

Think I'll be ditching legions of Nagash!

8. Unas the slayer

Am I wrong, or we will have also a mounted version of Keldrek? :happy:

9. Kassill

Kassill Ghoul

Yes these new models look great! Nighthaunt always seemed cool in thought, but the lack of variety kind of held them back for me. I shall be venturing into this undead release with renewed spirits! (hehehe) :ghost:

The hangman is my favorite!

Count michael and Menkeroth like this.
  10. Malisteen

Malisteen Master Necromancer True Blood

Fantastic new stuff, far more new kits than I had hoped for. My favorite is the mounted knight of shrouds.

11. Menkeroth

Likewise. GW is amazingly generous, who would have thought. Two elven factions and now two death books. At least it's something! Definitely will be buying some of the new stuff. Let's just hope fluff won't disappoint either.

Count michael likes this.
  12. Count michael

Count michael The Undead Sparky

Damn I love the new Death models they are so amazing; I also love they have released two new technical paints Nighthaunt Gloom and Hexwraith Flame which will make painting them so easy especially since I suck at painting ghostly effects
    Wonder if there will be any vampires in the force or will it mostly all be ghost like units

13. Eyeless

Eyeless Wight King

Amazing models! not to mention that we'll be getting the Mortarch of Grief as well! can't be more hyped!

14. Unas the slayer

It's interesting the fact that we already have nighthaunt units. I doubt the old units will not be included in the new battletome, so probably we will have things as banshees and spirit hosts that will have different abilities/ buffs if played within legions of Nagash or nighthaunt battletome

15. Menkeroth

Only ghosts so far as the whole faction is about them. But I do hope vampires get their tome as well.
    that's certainly possible, and I hope they won't leave those units behind.

16. Ol'timer

Ol'timer Skeleton

They look great. Nice thing is there is plenty there for some conversion work for cairn wraiths and such to. the mounted character looks nice also

17. El Syf

El Syf Crypt Horror

I know I joked about ditching legions of nagash for nighthaunt earlier in this thread, but I'm torn having spent many years and a fair bit of money collecting vampire counts as a whole unified force.
    Now GW have rather effectively imo made an entire army out such a small sub faction, can you imagine if they manage to do this for the 4 others? (deadwalkers, Deathrattle, beasts of the grave and soulblight)
    Okay beasts of the grave could be tricky but I wouldn't have said nighthaunt could be made into a full army, glad I didn't rage quit when the old world went kaput. :)

Menkeroth likes this.
  18. Menkeroth

I think Deathrattle book is possible, and maybe deadwalkers plus deathmages. But I would want more the vampires, of course. Maybe it's all possible, but after two death books in a row I guess we won't be seeing anything death-related for a couple years again.

Count michael and El Syf like this.
  19. El Syf

El Syf Crypt Horror

I'm just very happy GW have proven they can do it if they want too. Just need the Mortarch of Grief reveal now really! Which may well be a double kit, given most of the bigger models have been.

20. Menkeroth

That's actually very possible too, I would expect that given that they release named characters as a dualkit with a usual hero.

21. Count michael

Count michael The Undead Sparky

Unas the slayer and El Syf like this.
  22. DocteurQui

DocteurQui Skeleton

Do you guys think the old Cairn Wraith model will from now on be a part of that Grimghast Reapers (the new guys with scythes) unit? I think he'd fit perfectly well there :)

Ol'timer likes this.
  23. Unas the slayer

The guardian of souls is an absolute "must have".
    ...and i am eager to know what the mounted knight of shrouds will give to nighthaunt cav

Menkeroth and DocteurQui like this.
  24. Menkeroth

That's certainly possible, after all, they all were clearly shaped according to him :)

DocteurQui likes this.
  25. Ol'timer

Ol'timer Skeleton

I agree with you unas, the guardian figure is a must! This whole release so far shows lots of promise whether you play lots or just collect. I'm going to be broke again is what I believe.

Unas the slayer likes this.