1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

New Nighthaunts

Discussion in 'Gateway to the Realms' started by Menkeroth, May 12, 2018.

1. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Wight King

Yeah, my poor, hard earned money...

Menkeroth likes this.
  2. vg11k

vg11k Zombie

I'm not a fan of this kind of model with tiny parts like the old spirit host. So not very seduced by the reaper, glaive-wraith, executioner and cie. But the chainrasp and the new black coach got my interest in particular. Even if i thought i was done with gw undead mini. For my next year order maybe xD

3. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Wight King

They are really beautiful models, but also frail ones.

4. Menkeroth

Menkeroth A Knight of Blood

Which happens quite often, but I can't really blame GW. Well designed and executed details, especially long ones, always will be fragile, and I find it better than those old and awful thick ones found on old GW models and many modern ones from other companies like Warlord Games. Those are much more like thick and big tree branches than anything else. You find it also on many historical models like from Tamiya and other giants and that was long before GW and other companies.

5. Irisado

Irisado Ancient Vampire Lord Staff Member True Blood

I'm not very impressed by the models featured in the faction focus. They are too fragile and would be very awkward to assemble, let alone transport in an army case, without breaking something. I've never liked the new Spirit Host models and I certainly dislike the daft blindfolds that are covering the eyes of the Grimghast Reapers.

The rules are a more more appetising prospect though. I can see a Nighthaunt army being a rather scary and durable prospect. I really like the concept a lot.

6. Malisteen

Malisteen Master Necromancer True Blood

I really like the new models, though i will be making some adjustments to make some of the flimsier models a bit more durable, mostly in the form of scenic bases to add extra contact points.

The new mounted knight of shrouds in particular looks amazing, imo. Among the best undead models GW has ever put out. And I really like the basic chainrasp guys, especially the unit leader (?) With the candelabra.

DocteurQui likes this.