1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

New to roleplaying? [Help Thread]

Discussion in 'Theatre de Vampyre' started by Count Darvaleth, May 30, 2011.

1. Count Darvaleth

Count Darvaleth I <3 marmite Staff Member True Blood

Hiya!

This thread is essentially designed to answer any queries you have about roleplaying or the section, or anything! Either myself or Sweeny Todd (or any other helpful member, which there are lots of!) will be happy to answer any question. No question is stupid; you're worse off for sitting in silence rather than being bold and asking. ;)

Also, a couple of helpful links to threads that might be of use:

Roleplay List - http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/roleplay-list.13509/

Roleplay Guide - http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/a-beginners-roleplay-guide.13512/

A quick word of advice: For those new to roleplaying, I'd strongly recommend playing a couple before trying to host your own. If you feel really confident, then of course you may, but experience has shown me that trying to host one when you haven't gone through ones hosted by others can often lead to disappointment. Try a couple first to get the feel for things! :thumbsup:

As always, if you have any queries, feel free to ask or drop a PM,

Count Darvaleth

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2014
  2. Count Darvaleth

Count Darvaleth I <3 marmite Staff Member True Blood

Just another quick point I wanted to make clear:

Anyone and everyone can join or start their own roleplay completely at leisure. You don't have to ask permission or anything silly like that; if you want to start one, make a thread (my Roleplay Guide may help if you haven't roleplayed much before) and if you want to join one, state your intent in the appropriate thread you want to join, then post up a character sheet/ fulfil any requirements the GM of that particular thread has set out.

This section is yours! Please feel free to use it. :thumbsup: