1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

New unit type?

Discussion in 'The Necrarch Workshop' started by Nobz-mart, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Nobz-mart

Nobz-mart Zombie

Hi having read a lot of the back ground info and fluff on vampire counts, as some vampires stitch parts of different animals together and others might enhance their mortal helpers i thought it would be great to show this as unit types. But I need some help with making some rules and points up.

First type: infantry 30mm base using old type of ogres figures , m 4 ws 3 bs3 s4 t4 w1 i2 a2 ld 6 , light armour hand weapon, suffer from stupidity.

Second type : cavalry base, Boar centaurs , using orc torsos human heads and orc arms.
    M 6 ws 3 bs3 s5 t4 w1 i2 a2 ld 6 armour save 4 , spear. suffer from stupidity. Maybe frenzy?

Both types would be considered to be "undead" .
    Any ideas would be welcome

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
  2. Dragonet

Dragonet Wight King

Hi, cool ideas! I like the idea of undead constructs forced into new tortured and effective shapes by cruel necromancers, I personally have Flesh Golems (Ogres) as stand-ins for the Ushabti rules, the Construct rules mean they can benefit from Regeneration in the right scenarios. For living experiments I'd have a harder time making them fit, I'm not a fan of Ghouls, bats and Necromancers being classed as Undead...

3. Nobz-mart

Nobz-mart Zombie

Mmmm like the flesh golems idea....

4. Dragonet

Dragonet Wight King

Thanks, I can't accept the praise though, Ogres for Crypt Horrors etc is a well worn path, plenty excellent photo examples on this site!

5. Baslakor

Baslakor Wight King

First one is quite cool. They sound a lot like Warcraft's Abominations or Magic's Skaabs. Even if not used as their own unit, these would also be awesome fillers for zombies.

More skeptical about the second. Cavalary should be fast and agile. Often these constructs are slow and clumsy (thus the stupitidy).