1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Our Undead pals over at tom-kings.net have started a casual painting/modelling competition akin to our own "Turning the World to Darkness" challenges. If they are not enough to slake your thirst, you can find out more about Khemri's newest creation here: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/painting-challenge-on-khemri-forum.30854/#post-445673
  3. Big changes are coming to Age of Sigmar! Narrative battles, points and a Book! What does this mean for the Vampiric hordes?!
  4. The 9th Age, the fan made rules alternative, has had it's rules updated to version 1.3! What changes could this bring for our fellow vampires?

Newbie here

Discussion in 'Fresh Blood' started by wayniac, Aug 17, 2016.

1. wayniac

wayniac Zombie

Hi all, I hope I am in the right place. I last played Warhammer about 15+ years ago. I recently got into Age of Sigmar and immediately fell for the fluff of the Flesh-Eater Courts. So I hope this is the right place for a ghoul king, I mean a noble honorable lord who is totally not a deranged cannibal monster, such as myself. The names of the different forums are a bit confusing as I have no idea where to post any discussion about FEC.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  2. Menkeroth

Menkeroth A Knight of Blood

Greetings, brother. You are totally right, CN is the best place a vampire lord could hope for! Feel at home. As for the names... Aye, they can be somewhat confusing, but it only takes some time. The main ones, however, are Gateway to the realms and subforums of the Shyish: To war!

3. wayniac

wayniac Zombie

Thank you. Some of the subforum names are a bit odd as to what is in them, and I notice that at least on my PCs the Shyish section doesn't have a hover saying what the forum is about. I can tell/guess from the contents that "Memento Mori" is for Battle Reports, and "Summoning the Deathrattlers" is army lists, "Ethereal Edicts" are rules questions (?), but no clue on "Soulblight Symposium" (which seems to be inactive) and "Understanding the Underworld" but I'd wager a guess that Understanding is general discussion.

4. Menkeroth

Aye, you are right. Understanding is the general game discussion, Soulblight acts both as another general discussion and everything related to WH in different ways (for example, what people create themselves), and the rest is about different ideas, conversions and such stuff.

5. MattHogan

MattHogan Zombie

Hii.. I am also new to this group. Tell me how to participate

6. Menkeroth

Welcome to the Carpe Noctem. This is a forum devoted to vampires and Death forces in general, both in WHFB and AoS (and not only), so feel free to read and write whatever you fancy - the community is not that big but warm and friendly instead.

7. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Ghoul

Hi MattHogan.
    Tell us something about you!
    For example, what are you playing (8th, AoS, KoW, 40K...), if you're into painting / sculpting (we have a nice painting challenge), since how much time you're into the hobby, what armies do you play, and so on.
    ;)