1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Newborn Childe

Discussion in 'Fresh Blood' started by Lembocha, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Lembocha

Lembocha Zombie

Hi all! I'm from Uruguay, and I've played Warhammer Fantasy since 2005. I started with Bretonnia, then sold the army and moved on to Chaos Dwarves. I sold that army too and after a couple of years I started collecting Dwarves. I recently travelled to the UK during my honeymoon and visited Nottingham, so I could not miss the opportunity of having a second army. After a visit to both Warhammer World and Mantic HQs in the city, I became the proud owner of a Vampire Counts Army. Came here hoping to catch on some of the different tactics that more seasoned Dark Lords use, and to clear some confusions I may have with the rules now and then.

2. Von

Von Vampire Count True Blood

Welcome, welcome... it's been so long that I've forgotten if there was ever any sort of welcome wagon tradition, but welcome nonetheless.

From the references to 'Mantic' and 'Vampire Counts' I deduce that you're sticking your lads on square bases, as God and Rick Priestley intended? Good show. (I have nothing against Age of Sigmar mind, it's just not the game I fell in love with.) May you find all that you seek, and a packet of crisps into the bargain.

3. Lembocha

Lembocha Zombie

Oh indeed! In Uruguay we play pre-End Times 8th edition still. I don't think that will change soon, fortunately, but I guess at some point we'll try T9A too. Not AoS, ever.

4. Irisado

Irisado Ancient Vampire Lord Staff Member True Blood

Bienvenido al foro :).

I didn't see this topic previously, but I wish I had, as it answers the question that I posed to your in your army list topic.

If you like eighth edition, you may as well stick with it. Age of Sigmar does have it's good points, admittedly, especially in terms of simplifying the rules, but there are disadvantages too, notably what I consider to be the loss of depth and narrative in the game.

5. Lembocha

Lembocha Zombie

Gracias!

6. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@Lembocha Welcome to CN! Looking forward to seeing your VC army develop :)

7. Count Vashra

Count Vashra Lord of Shadows True Blood

Welcome aboard! Always good to see new, uh, screen images here.

Farmer7574 likes this.