1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Our Undead pals over at tomb-kings.net have started a casual painting/modelling competition akin to our own "Turning the World to Darkness" challenges. If they are not enough to slake your thirst, you can find out more about Khemri's newest creation here: http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/painting-challenge-on-khemri-forum.30854/#post-445673
  3. Big changes are coming to Age of Sigmar! Narrative battles, points and a Book! What does this mean for the Vampiric hordes?!
  4. The 9th Age, the fan made rules alternative, has had it's rules updated to version 1.3! What changes could this bring for our fellow vampires?

Opinions on my 2K lists

Discussion in 'Soulblight Symposium' started by Bradifer, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Bradifer

Bradifer Zombie

First list is centered around 3 hammer units, minimum battleline, and the spirits as a tarpit.

List 1: Spirit Anvil
    Leaders
    Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon (440)
    - General
    - Deathlance & Shield & Chalice
    - Trait: Red Fury
    - Artefact: Tomb Blade
    Mannfred Mortarch Of Night (460)

Battleline
    2 x Morghast Archai (240)
    6 x Spirit Hosts (240)
    10 x Skeleton Warriors (80)
    - Ancient Blades
    10 x Skeleton Warriors (80)
    - Ancient Blades
    10 x Zombies (60)

Units
    5 x Hexwraiths (160)

Behemoths
    Mortis Engine (180)

Total: 1940/2000
    60 points for summoning a unit of dire wolves/zombies.
    Alternatively, 60 points pays for the otherwise unpointed "Spirits of Felblood" battalion, which lets the spirit hosts "ride" the mortis engine and land within near it. Making them into a fast, red ignoring, mortal wound causing tarpit.

Hammer units are VLoZD, Mannfred - Mortarch of night, and Morghast Archai. Mortis Engine and the spirits can also take and deal a couple damage every turn.

Hammer and Anvil strategy. Tarpit enemies w/battleline and spirits. Hexwraiths and Mortis Engine are fast and fly to objectives w/spirit hosts.

Zombie Dragon + Mannfred can threaten hordes or elite enemies with their high number of attacks + magic + dragon breath ranged attack. Archai are slow-ish, but can stand behind battleline and reach over enemies when our skelly/zombies get charged. (Plus i really like the models). Rend -2 is best spent on high Save targets. Mortis Engine can fly in and heal the 2 heroes once per game.

List 2: Angry Skeletons

Leaders
    Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon (440)
    - General
    - Deathlance & Shield & Chalice
    - Trait: Ruler of the Night
    - Artefact: Cursed Book
    Mannfred Mortarch Of Night (460)
    Necromancer (120)

Battleline
    2 x Morghast Archai (240)
    40 x Skeleton Warriors (320)
    - Ancient Blades & Shields
    10 x Zombies (60)
    10 x Zombies (60)

Units
    5 x Hexwraiths (160)

Total: 1860/2000
    140 for summoning.

ROTN Command Trait for more survivable skeletons.
    Enemy has to deal with same 3 hammer units, but VLoZD is less threanening w/out Red Fury. If Skeleton blob ever makes it to an enemy, Necromancer's Danse Macabre spell should make them wipe out almost any unit. Overall slower, but more flexibility with summoning.

Thoughts on these 2 lists?
    (Didn't include Mourngoul because I think his points will be nerfed and I don't own him.)

2. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Grave Guard

Talking about your second list.
    Would you mind a little mix of Tomb Kings? because a necrotect would be perfect for those 40 skellies: their move would increase to a very nice 7", and they will re-roll all 1s to wound.

3. Bradifer

Bradifer Zombie

Hm I've never really looked into him.
    I suppose we could +1 Nectotect, -1 Hexwraiths and still have 200 points for other decisions.