1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

How To Order the Memberlist

Discussion in 'Wisdom of the Master' started by Irisado, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Irisado

Irisado Ancient Vampire Lord Staff Member True Blood

The complete memberlist can be displayed alphabetically, but I cannot find another way to order it, such as by join date, post count, or position/membergroup. There must be a way to do this, but I can't see it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

The Sun King likes this.
  2. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

I'll have a look into it.

3. Irisado

Is there any news on this DoN? I still cannot see a way in which to achieve this. There has to be one though I'm sure.

4. The Sun King

The Sun King Imperator Staff Member True Blood

Irisado, I have to compliment you on your efforts to improve our forums.

5. Irisado

Thank you :).

If only I actually had an answer for this though. I have looked through XenForo's official support forum using the search facility, and it does seem that the memberlist is one of the less well developed areas of their software, so perhaps an add-on would be needed to achieve this. I can't find any way of doing it be default.

6. The Sun King

The Sun King Imperator Staff Member True Blood

Sadly DoN is away these days and I'm no tech-savy - so I cannot help :(

7. Lynks

Lynks Lord of RAW Staff Member True Blood

There isn't a way of sorting the memberlist currently installed on the forum sadly, Is there some specific reason you need to do so or simply curiosity?

8. Irisado

Just curiosity :). I like reading through the memberslist from time-to-time.

As I found out from looking through Xenforo's site, they don't have an add-on which would resolve this issue at the moment. It seems that memberlist options are some way down their list of priorities.

The Sun King likes this.
  9. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

Thanks for looking @Irisado xD

Yes it is a pity, and considering it is just effectively sort options something that is a bit odd. Hopefully something that will come in the future.

10. Irisado

Hopefully :). I have this feeling that we'll have to wait quite a while though.