1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Painting by the rules?

Discussion in 'Fresh Blood' started by Mainstream Malignant, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Mainstream Malignant

Mainstream Malignant Zombie

Hey guys, vampirism newbie here!

I've been painting 40k for a few years, but a vampire counts army has always been my dream. I'm focusing on an army with a paint scheme similar to the malignants, and I was wondering if after spraying skeletons white they need to be done over in bone before the wash? I have alot of skeletons to paint and am keen to avoid undue layers of paint to mask the detail.
    cheers guys :)

2. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

It's mostly a matter of colour - adding that bone layer would slightly change the final shade your skellies would have. Pure white with black shade gives really clean skeletons, while bone base with a brown shade would make a dustier one ;)
    Maybe normal painted layered on the spray paint is more durable, as it's usually done that way, but I'm not sure if that's true - maybe just my purism speaking ;)

All the next questions regarding painting you can post in the Dying to Help section, we are happy to help ;)

Mainstream Malignant likes this.