1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Pile in anomaly

Discussion in 'Ethereal Edicts' started by Alabaster427, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Alabaster427

Alabaster427 Minister of Thriftiness True Blood

I'm having trouble joining other forums to ask this question because it doesn't really pertain to the Undead masses, so I'm asking it here anyways.

If it's my opponents turn and he has no models that can pile-in in the combat phase, but I do, would I still be able to do so even though he/she can't?

I know that may sound confusing as the pile-in range is the same for everybody, so if one person can, so can the other. However, I have recently started playing Sylvaneth and the Tree Revenants can pile-in up to six inches with a banner. In my turn, no big deal, but I'm just wondering if I would get to attack before my opponent on his turn if he has no eligible units to initially attack with.

2. Fang Gogh

Fang Gogh Zombie

You can only pile-in in YOUR combat phase (once he attacks with a unit or if it's your turn). But when it is, you can pile in with them. If it was his turn and he couldn't pile-in with that unit, then he would have to do it with another unit or if no units are eligible then it would be your turn to pile-in. Note that if you do this, I'm pretty sure he'll be able to attack you with the unit you piled-in to. Amongst this rabble of information, I hope there is the answer to your question xD

3. Lynks

Lynks Lord of RAW Staff Member True Blood

I moved the thread to Ethereal Edicts where this sort of question belongs and should get a few more responses :)

4. Demian

Demian Vampire Count True Blood

You can only pile-in and attack with units which are "in combat". A unit is considered "in combat" when it is within 3'' of another enemy unit.

It doesn't matter how much distance you can move "while piling-in" you can only do so (and attack) if you are within 3'' of an enemy.

This means, those models can circle around enemies much better than regular troops, so you get the most models to attack, but it doesn't mean they expand their "control zone" more than 3''. I wish I had a reference to back this up, but I think it's on the faqs or somewhere.

The rules stay the same here =)

5. Alabaster427

Alabaster427 Minister of Thriftiness True Blood

That makes sense.