1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Pruning of Conversations

Discussion in 'Grave News' started by Disciple of Nagash, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

Hi,

This announcement is regarding the conversations (aka personal messages) on the forum.

As you are aware, CN has never limited the number of personal messages, and as such we now have a very large and slow database table which does impact the performance of the site, and data storage.

As such I have decided to make use of a pruning tool, which will permanently delete all conversations that have not had a reply in the last two years.

I know some of you may need some of the information in those personal messages. Unfortunately there is not easy way to download it, however I have installed a search conversation tool (go to your conversation list, and you should see conversation as a submenu option).

You can use this tool to search through your messages and extract any information you may need.

I plan to run this tool on the 1st February 2015 @ 2000 GMT - this gives you all three weeks from today if you need to review your messages.

There is also an easy way to ensure your messages are saved - just make another reply in the conversation chain, and as the reply will have been within the 2 years, then it should not be deleted.

If anyone feels this is really going to cause an issue, please let me know.

Cheers

DoN