1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Ptra's Righteous Smiting question

Discussion in 'Laws of the Night' started by Demian, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Demian

Demian Vampire Count True Blood

hello everyone!

So I was using Ptra's Righteous Smiting the other day, while playing with an Ogre Kingdoms ally, and I noticed an oddity in the text. Bear in mind :)3) that I have the spanish version of the TK rulebook, and something might have been lost in translation:

The unbuffed version of the spell allows me to target any friendly Unit to augment it, while the buffed version targets all friendly Undead units within X range.

Does that mean I can augment my non-undead allies with this spell?

Thanks!

2. Mioum

Mioum Crypt Horror

It's the same in the English book. Regular casting make no mention of friendly/Undead units, while the boosted version say it affect only friendly undead troops. Same thing with cursed blade and protection actually

Depending how your group cope with RaW and RaI, you can technically cast the regular version of those on an ally, undead or not!

The Sun King likes this.
  3. The Sun King

The Sun King Imperator Staff Member True Blood

Did not know that. Interesting. Have you seen this @najo ?

4. Mad 'At

Mad 'At Dumb enough to work Staff Member True Blood

I've interpreted it the same way. Came across it when I was "studying" for using the Superior Wizarding Hat. Nehekharan buff spells can target any friendly unit but when boosted to a bubble they only affect undead units within range. For me it once resulted with a unit of Savage Orc Archers boosted with Killing Blow. No one dare to charge them though :(

5. Demian

Demian Vampire Count True Blood

Thank you guys!

I didn't notice the other spells, since I was only using that one. So... Lore of Nehekara is quite nice. Hope it remains so in AoS/9th!