1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Quick question about Challenges.

Discussion in 'Laws of the Night' started by Adam_Barrow, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow Sleepless Knight True Blood

If a character in the second rank has a rule that says they must issue Challenges (Queek Headtaker, for example), does their location in the second rank have any effect? Can a character issue a Challenge from the second rank?

Thanks!

2. owain_b

owain_b Ghoul

I believe it says that you put the models in the challenge in base to base contact if possible, so I think you'd have to move the character from the 2nd rank into the 1st rank displacing another model.

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  3. Adam_Barrow

I've got the move models bit, I think. What I'm wondering is if he can issue a Challenge in the first place. Though I'm nearly sure he can. I'd look myself, but I'm stuck at work.

4. Alabaster427

Alabaster427 Minister of Thriftiness True Blood

Any character or champion in the unit can issue or accept a challenge regardless of their position in the unit. I think the rulebook even describes it as the character doing so is pushing everyone out of the way like a boss to fight the other army's champion(s).

Adam_Barrow likes this.
  5. Adam_Barrow

Brilliant. Saved me some digging. Thanks.