1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Red Fury versus Supernatural Horror

Discussion in 'Understanding the Underworlds' started by Alabaster427, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Alabaster427

Alabaster427 Minister of Thriftiness True Blood

I am participating in a tournament this weekend and I can't decide which command trait to take. It's 1000 points per player because they're targeting new players. Because of that, we have to choose the command traits and artefacts in our list, rather than at the beginning of each game.

I am running:
    Death Allegiance
    Ghoul King on TG, general
    Crypt Ghast Courtier
    Ghouls x20
    Ghouls x10
    Ghouls x10
    Screaming Skull Catapult

1000 points

The Ghoul king is taking the Cursed Book as the artefact, but I can't decide if I should take Red Fury or Supernatural Horror.

Red Fury is nice on the GK/TG because the TG can exert a massive number of wounds in CC, which basically guarantees a second set of attacks. I doubt that the TO will allow Red Fury to generate more than one extra set of attacks, so I'm just counting on the one. If he does allow it, I'd go Red Fury hands down.

Supernatural Horror takes into account the Scream and the catapult, should they do any damage, and my ghouls' attacks. It also affects multiple units and the catapult -2 bravery would still be in effect for at least one unit. However, it's easily countered by something like Inspiring presence, multi-wound models, and high bravery. Against something like Orks and Goblins or elves (aelfs? aelves?) it's probably really good, but I don't want to count on having a weak enemy.

I know that there's at least one other Death player going and he's also bringing the GK/TG and he always goes with SH. I've only played one game against him and I wasn't impressed. Granted, it was because my GK command ability was useless and I could only use Inspiring Presence and the fact that everything we both have is Bravery 10. I'm also counting on a few Sylvaneth players, so low model counts with lots of wounds (if they plan on winning). I'm leaning toward Red Fury, but I'd like your opinions.

2. Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer Wight King

The question is moot (since I'm answering after the weekend, so your decision was already made), but I agree.
    Red Fury should be the first choice (depending on what's hallowed), otherwise SH could be nice (but you must protect your SSC)