1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Revitalising RP

Discussion in 'Theatre de Vampyre' started by The Archivist, Jun 27, 2014.

1. The Archivist

The Archivist Archivist of the word The Staff Member True Blood

Alright you bloodsucking bats of the Theatre de Vampyre, listen in. I've been away for a bit and things seem to have gotten a little dull, so I have a proposal for you all: a new RP.

Now I know that I'm not going to have it easy my end, since I'm in deepest darkest New Zealand, but that means there's a lot less of a case for in medias res.
    If you're interested, or if you're still around with an idea of your own, speak up here.

2. Get of W'soran

Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

3. Count Vashra

Count Vashra Lord of Shadows True Blood

I would be willing for another, and may be able to cook up one of my own, possibly a VAU, in the near future.

Edit: My VAU is up-the tale of Niklaus (from TVC II, if you want to know).

4. The Dread King

The Dread King Moderator Staff Member True Blood TVC II GM

frabz-and-you-have-my-bow-4c3a0b.jpg
    I'll happily join any new RP (especially a VAU) if it piques my interest (which it probably will) and help revitalise an old one.

I have in mind an RP of my own, but it's still in the early development stage and I'm nots sure about running it. It most likely involves a breakout attempt from the soul-prison of Mort from the TVC (though will take place in Nagashizzar before the events of the TVC II). Would anyone be interested in RPing in such a role-play? I could start up an interest thread, I suppose, but everyone's looking to this thread and hoping to start new RPs through this thread, so I might as well put this RP out here. Would anyone be interested in joining this RP?

5. Get of W'soran

Zug Zug *clears throat* I mean, yes of course.

6. Lynks

Lynks Lord of RAW Staff Member True Blood

I'd be up for joining a new RP

7. The Archivist

How do you guys feel about a relaxed freeform roleplay? Unless more people are checking in infrequently, we might have difficulty making anything more complex work.

If you guys are interested, I have been rolling an idea around that fits the bill nicely...

8. Count Darvaleth

Count Darvaleth I <3 marmite Staff Member True Blood

9. Get of W'soran

Sounds great!

10. The Archivist

Okay! The signup thread is now up: hope you think Tales of New Eden is up to the task!

11. Harland

Harland The Colonel Staff Member True Blood

12. Sanai

Sanai Stylish Deviant True Blood

Is this still a thing? I'd like to get back into online roleplay but find TVC II a bit too big and intimidating, especially coming from a different timezone where each time I sign in it would be a lot of catching up to do with posts that were made while I slept.

Preferably something in the 40k or warhammer setting, or in a fantasy setting for some nice escapism... if anyone feels like running something like that, I have lots of hours in my days and more creative energy than I used to so would love to join in.

13. Mello

Mello Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum True Blood

Archi's New eden RP is nice and "casual" and is set in a fantasy/distopia type meta.

As for me. Well..

You'd hardly expect me to return to this forum without setting up a new RP would you? :devil2:

14. Sanai

I will give the New Eden stuff a bit of a read to see if its my cup of tea xD, and will eagerly await whatever you have to offer Melle :)

15. The Dread King

The Dread King Moderator Staff Member True Blood TVC II GM

@Sanai As a CoD mod, I am glad you are looking forwards to new RPs in this section. Don't despair if you can't find any RPs that you want to participate in at the moment - there will be more RPs to choose from very soon. :devil2:

As a TVC II GM, I want to know if there is any way in which I can help you find your way back into it. Chapter 6 is due to be launched in a very short time, so now's the best time to get back into it. IIRC, you live in Australia (correct me if I'm wrong). Not everyone's in a different timezone to you in the TVC II - IIRC there are about 3-4 Australian players in the TVC II that I know of (and probably many more are Australian and I just don't know it yet xD). Also, it's not as if many posts are made in 12 hours. I would urge you to look at the level of activity in chapter 4 - now, often whole days go by without anyone posting. If there is any way I can make it seem less intimidating to you, Sanai, please let me know. I'd recommend that you make a return to the TVC II, but, above all else, I'd recommend that you do what you enjoy. :thumbsup:

16. Mello

Mello Hasn't left TVC for the rest of the forum True Blood

speaking of revitalising, the forum has died :O

17. The Archivist

Or has it?

Well, it seems if I leave it alone to visit a cousin it doesn't do much. TONE is still open Sanai.

18. Harland

Harland The Colonel Staff Member True Blood

Don't make me flog you Archi, get back to work!

19. Sanai

I'll probably be writing up a thingy for that roleplay you guys mentioned, and maybe ill make an interest thread for a small freeform roleplay, either a 40k one (Ordo Xenos/Deathwatch or Dark Eldar), a fantasy one (Probably Vampires/Undead, so we can play around with the End Times setting which doesn't happen in the TVC version of the Timeline).

But first, I gotta finish this Dawn of War 2 mission.

20. Get of W'soran

I am up for both of these things! :D