• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Nov 20, 2010
RE: Rising an army from the dead...Updated 09.04 - varia

Thanks guys for all nice words:)

Newest addition for my ghoul unit - ghast (Ghoul King from Heresy Miniatures, full version (as there are two of them, the other is less... less disturbing in lower parts of the body;)).

a3.bp.blogspot.com__lmhaQehOqI4_T4a_UommYTI_AAAAAAAAC0E_5rone_xyVMs_s1600_ghast2entr.JPG

Mr Saturday

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 28, 2007
Galway
RE: Rising an army from the dead...Updated 12.04 - Ghast

Nice. I use this fellow as a ghast too, he's gloriously revolting.

glenning

Zombie
Apr 1, 2012

Haha what is that Ghould doing? Dancing? Flexing??

Anyway, great miniatures, I really like the spirit host cavalry!! Do you have a tutorial on how you painted them? They look great!

Nov 20, 2010

And another small update for my thread...
Next five ghouls are ready. Three of them are ghouls from Heresy Miniatures. Very nice miniatures overall with excellent poses BUT...
one - they are slightly smaller and have much more realistic proportions then GW sculpts. Two - detailed much more then GW sculpts again, but details are tiny. Three - all of these models are multipart. All require pinning, gluing, using greenstuff to cover gaps, etc. Really time consuming and I hope they my two part epoxy glue will hold them strong.
So, nice miniatures but not really good - in my opinion for wargames.

alh3.googleusercontent.com__vAXW4VUSM6c_T7eg7i5V_7I_AAAAAAAAC_4_MB3GOxefRu4_s835_SDC16886.JPG

Nov 20, 2010
RE: Rising an army from the dead...Updated 19.05 - more ghouls

I'm slowly painting some undeads, ghouls mainly, not so many to show them though yet. They are on my blog if someone is really interested...
But... Between some Carolingians, Normans, ghouls and Ottomans I squeezed army standard bearer for Vampire army...

More pictures on the blog of course...

a3.bp.blogspot.com__wAmSS05TeXk_UCZ0D_av_eI_AAAAAAAAEcA_CCLwWymQW88_s1600_vampsbentr.jpg

BTW... Check my second blog too, please. News about Polish miniatures, rules, accesories, bits, bases etc. produced in Poland. Lots of stuff for WFB players.

Johnny-Crass

Vampire Ancient
True Blood
Jan 25, 2012
California
RE: Rising an army from the dead...Updated 11.08 - vampire standard bearer

Sweet paintjob but the banner having a smiling head made me burst out laughing :lol:

Nov 20, 2010

Taste of things to come...
New ghouls painted with airbrush (except details like bones, chains, nails and spikes of course)

a1.bp.blogspot.com__kzPX_KEQWVo_UNGt7MzpW9I_AAAAAAAAMg0_E6Q_psTgJww_s1600_plastghl3entr.jpg

Vampire Ron

Grave Guard
Sep 28, 2011

You're BSB, oh my god that is gloriously revolting.

Nov 20, 2010

Thanks a lot Ron:)
And here they are, five airbrushed ghouls... next batch is in the works...

a3.bp.blogspot.com__DxPSSnTS7vA_UNxpuWet2GI_AAAAAAAANJk_TQb8LEwX8ds_s1600_SDC13852w.JPG

Nov 20, 2010
RE: Rising an army from the dead...Updated 27.12 - airbrushed ghouls

Second five of the airbrushed ghouls is ready, so my experiment with ten plastic ghouls is finished. I used mainly oils to finish them and I'm extremely pleased with final effect and very little time it took to paint them...

a4.bp.blogspot.com__CDzVSLXZ6_0_URJuh_ww9RI_AAAAAAAAQwU_vh0y2m8nfqA_s1600_SDC14031.JPG

a1.bp.blogspot.com__7caNPDiRbUM_URJuiH1GU9I_AAAAAAAAQwM_QUWSMA7ox9M_s1600_SDC14033.JPG

Jan 15, 2013
RE: Rising an army from the dead...Updated 6.02- ghouls

Those ghouls are awesome. That subtle colour difference in the skin tones will make for a very vibrant unit. Only 30 more to go, right! :)

Nov 20, 2010

Thanks Constant, scourge of the Old World;)
Actually, this unit will number just 20 ghouls, all current plastics. I'm working on another unit of 40 ghouls, made from old metals from around 15 years ago. 30 ready, just ten more to go:)

Jan 15, 2013

InkubPendragon said:
Thanks Constant, scourge of the Old World;)

Actually, this unit will number just 20 ghouls, all current plastics. I'm working on another unit of 40 ghouls, made from old metals from around 15 years ago. 30 ready, just ten more to go:)

Ah always nice when somebody still remembers the old tales. ;)

So that's 60 ghouls total! A lot of poisoned attacks. Look forward to seeing how the old metals match up to the new plastics when painted at that level. ^^

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN

Constant Drachenfels said:
Look forward to seeing how the old metals match up to the new plastics when painted at that level. ^^

I second that. I'm very much looking forward to it.

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 16, 2012

Love the ghoul on the bottom left, wielding a foot as a weapon is quite lovely xD

Jan 15, 2013
RE: Rising an army from the dead...Updated 23 V - ghouls

I don't know.. he seems to be quite fond of that leg. He might not actually use it as a weapon! ;)
BTW that bossy ghoul in the front rank center is really awesome.

Santawraith

Master Liche
True Blood
Jun 6, 2010
Wyoming

A beautiful motley hoard of ghouls. I love the multiple sculpts from different companies.

Nov 20, 2010

Thanks for your opinions gentlemen:)
And now... ghouls again;) Another five of them, painted with oils over acrylic basecoat.

a1.bp.blogspot.com__YG9CYvLw7Kk_UaiAH0e6D8I_AAAAAAAAVPM_P7fI62kpkzA_s1600_SDC14676.JPG

King Arthur

Zombie
Dec 10, 2012

Hats off to you Sir, your army is simply wonderful! I have 6 boxes full of Citadel Miniatures Undead from 1984 - 1990 including all of the legendary C21 Cavalry, back in the good old days when models were given names, such as Witch Lord, Black Heart, Evil Rot, Unlar the Corrupt and Corpus the Fallen to name but a few ;-)

Would love to see more painted C21 Cavalry and the Plague Cart if you have them??

Your work is inspiring :thumbsup:

Cheers

KA

Nov 20, 2010

Unfortunately, I don't have any more C21 cavalry. I think I lost some of them... But I would love to buy at least four more miniatures to make more ghosts bases:)
Plague car - it is definitely in my storage but in somewhat broken form. I think one day I will paint it again, as I have had one painted long time ago already.
Thanks for your comment:) I'm very glad You like my little army:)

Mr Saturday

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 28, 2007
Galway

Great unit of ghouls, you've a painting still that appeals to me greatly. I love the Heresy ghouls myself. Oddly, my own ghoul unit has all the same figures as yours!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu