1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Rising an army from the dead... start of a new unit...

Discussion in 'The Dead Shall Walk......' started by InkubPendragon, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Irisado

Irisado Ancient Vampire Lord Staff Member True Blood

It's great to see the old Wraiths being showcased. Like Borgnine, I really like the rusted metal of their weapons as a contrast to the ethereal blue. I am also a fan of the terrain pieces.

2. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

@InkubPendragon Always cool stuff to look at here, I think it's because (aside from having painted them nicely) you lavish attention onto one or just a few miniatures per image and photoshop them into awesome looking scenery. Lovely work.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  3. InkubPendragon

InkubPendragon Ghoul

Thanks @Farmer7574 for Your kind words. Actually, miniatures are not photoshopped into scenery. This is natural photo, the only part removed are the bases or edges of the bases.

4. InkubPendragon

InkubPendragon Ghoul

Some more undead things from the past

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Theerteen

Theerteen Cheerful Cranium True Blood

Beautiful pics you got there. Those bones must be dry as hell, as old those models are ;) wonderful to see them in so lovely arrangements!

6. Farmer7574

Farmer7574 Vampire Count True Blood

7. InkubPendragon

InkubPendragon Ghoul

Thanks guys. I managed to paint some more undead (and some other miniatures too, but they are not undead so it doesn't really count;)).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Borgnine

Borgnine Moderator Staff Member True Blood

Great as usual! The one with two swords crossed above his head looks awesome, maybe I'll kitbash something similar to that ;) The bannerman is also awesome with that banner and striking blue-red scheme :thumbsup:

9. InkubPendragon

InkubPendragon Ghoul

Well, not undeads this time...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Borgnine

Maybe not undead, but still pretty rotten, good! I really like how different they all are, yet also unified in their decay :) Those black swords look terrific!

11. Theerteen

Not undead, still awesome pics. Keep em coming!

12. InkubPendragon

InkubPendragon Ghoul

13. Borgnine

They look delightfully, colorfully blighted! Great job!

14. InkubPendragon

InkubPendragon Ghoul

15. Borgnine

They looked cool alone, but as a whole unit is just plain awesome. Getting them all must have been a tough adventure...

16. InkubPendragon

InkubPendragon Ghoul

Well, not really, most of them comes from my early years of interest in the hobby, rest is bought or traded for recently. I still have about that many unpainted and I'm looking for for missing designs.

17. InkubPendragon

InkubPendragon Ghoul

I have had a pause in the hobby, roughly during 2000-2007,8 period. Many miniatures from this era were missing from my collection, some still are. For example, I didn't buy any plastic skeletons, released for late 5th edition, which were available from GW until recently (well, recently in this case is about 5 or more years). I didn't want them as I was looking for original metal parts, which were added to the box when it was released, which allowed to make a command group.

I managed to find some frames of skeletons and those metal parts recently, with only champion helmeted skull missing, so I started to paint a small unit armed with varied weapons, to get those miniatures into my painted stuff. First two miniatures are finished, champion (with metal axe, without champion skull) and an ordinary skeleton.

And it seems that quest for old miniatures never ends, because - as I dug deeper for a knowledge of those miniatures, I noticed that there were at least two variants of metal bitz and - later - plastic sprue with banner and some additional parts... Well... gotta have them all;)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hmmm... Interesting... I didn't resize - accidentally - second photo and it is, of course, much better thanks to not being compressed so much. I have to think over my photography....

18. Borgnine

Now you reminded me of those metal parts added to plastic kits, those were some weird times (not in a bad sense of the word) ;) I was never a big fan of those particular skeletons, but you made them look mighty good, that glowing eye on the second one adds very much to him :)

19. Theerteen

Yep, and again I can just second Borgnine. That eye looks sweet, nice glow effect! I for myself like the old skellies, even if they were kind of bulky in comparison to normal humans or the actual skeletons. What I really dislike, and that is something that bothers me even with your great paint job and the brillant scenery, is that GW designed that mace, or especially the Chain the way they did. It always looks kind of wrong, even in dynamic pose of the miniature. But nothing to bitch about your work here, cool as usual :bowdown:

20. InkubPendragon

InkubPendragon Ghoul

Well, yes, this flail, or rather the dynamic of it, overall pose, is really, really bad:) But I wanted to have all weapons from the set painted:)

Another one, spearman. Plastic is very, very brittle, so this skeleton's leg has been broken and his arm was broken too, so I glued his shield on the back.
    http://miniwojna.blogspot.com/2017/11/wocznik-spearman.html

[​IMG]

21. InkubPendragon

InkubPendragon Ghoul

22. Sharkbelly

Sharkbelly Wight King

Those plaguebearers are great! Full of character and little details. I might have to steal an idea or two... :)

23. InkubPendragon

InkubPendragon Ghoul

24. Midnight_Fox

Midnight_Fox Zombie

Heh, I'm actually working on a box of those at the moment myself! Was able to find an original still in shrink for the original release price from a store in Mississippi whose owner prides himself on never altering prices from when he obtains a product. You can go through his blister section and watch how the prices have changed over the years on some products as well as find some nice old treasures.

Yours are way better than mine will turn out, though. ;)