1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please welcome Irisado and Borgnine to the Moderation team! They have proved themselves invaluable for the past few years and now they may make their efforts to make this forum a great place direct!
  3. The General's handbook has been updated, what fun awaits the undying hordes?

Roleplay Reboot: The Vampire Council is Undead and Kicking!

Discussion in 'Grave News' started by Disciple of Nagash, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Disciple of Nagash

Disciple of Nagash The Perverted One Staff Member TVC II GM

So many of you know what The Vampire Council Roleplay is, many of you don't.

For those who don't, the original Vampire Council was a massive story based roleplay that lasted 5 years! With over 50 chapters and thousands of posts, it was one of the biggest written online roleplays.

The story involved vampires forced to work together to defeat the rise of Nagash (we think GW were watching! xD), and as to be expected involved lots of battle, blood, deceit and even love. It is actually something I count as an achievement in my life as the time and effort put in by the players involved resulted in a superb story.

It was also unique in the fact that every player can contribute to the main plot, by developing sideplots for their characters, growth not only abilities but also story arcs and relationships with other players.

So some of you are probably asking - why have I posted this? Well, because there is a sequel! The Vampire Council II did kick off shortly after the first, but due to a variety of reasons looked to dying off after only 5 chapters.... that was until the players came back together and decided to reboot....and reboot it hard!

The previous chapters have been wrapped up in a way that both allows existing players to keep their characters, but also draws a clear line. This means that TVC II is now at a perfect time for new players to join.

You can find more detail in special project set up for TVC II here

For anyone who loves roleplaying, writing or telling a story, I would really recommend popping over and having a read. There are threads that cover the background and rules so everyone can just jump straight in.

If anyone does have any questions, feel free to ask :thumbsup:

Cheers

DoN

2. Get of W'soran

Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

Just adding my voice to DoNs! If anyone at all is interesting in forum RP (whether experienced or not) I would recommend giving TVC a shot.

Unlike many Roleplays it is not based on a number system but rather a storytelling narrative, with each player's post being a small part of the story (rather than say...actions and dice rolls). Character creation is also very easy with a simple number system to denote skills and some backstory and fluff to flesh out the bio.

It also allows for people to submit sub-plots to give their character something to work towards or a personalised event to be woven into the story later.

I took part in the first TVC for a long time and loved it! So I'm obviously very excited for continuing TVC 2!

But anyway! If you're interested then give it a shot! We're always happy to welcome newcomers and the current Chapter is a perfect entry point! :)

3. The Dread King

The Dread King Moderator Staff Member True Blood TVC II GM

I will also chip in here. For those of you fearing that it won't be as enjoyable for people who haven't had characters in the previous TVC, or in chapters 1-5, let me assure from personal experience that these won't prove true. I was but a humble noob when I joined the TVC II, but found it easy to integrate into the RP. This is partly because of the extremely supportive and friendly atmosphere that exists in the spirit of the RP. I made many mistakes during the first few chapters, which would have led to my character Morturion being killed off many times in many other roleplays on other forums, but the TVC II community gave me brilliant feedback on my errors and guided me to improvement. I've seen it do the same for many other RPers, and I'm sure that it can do the same again for anyone who joins the roleplay now.

Part of the attraction of this RP is that it creates a progressive warhammer world. RPers who have been involved in warhammer for a while will know that GW don't progress the storyline very much any more - they tend to just retcon old lore every few editions. (With end times, this may be changing - but we can't tell for sure yet.) The TVC II is the sequel of a story that caused massive progress in the warhammer world (note that this does not all have to be learned when you join the TVC II to allow you to enjoy RPing in it, and the overall changes, whilst drastic, do not take a long time to learn anyway, especially with the very useful summary thread posted in the TVC II subforum that summarises the main changes caused to the WHFB world by the TVC, and the first 3 chapters - soon to be the first 5 chapters, once I've written the summaries for the latest two - of the TVC II). This makes RP so much more enjoyable, because it allows one to feel that each and every IC post they make causes a permanent change in the RP setting that has been kept intact for 6 years. It makes the writing feel a lot more meaningful than, say, the writing in a small-scale RP running for only a short time that adapts to retcons rather than rejecting them (not that small-scale RPs can't be just as good as the TVC II in their own ways).

Even if you've never RPed before (as I hadn't before joining the TVC II), I'd strongly recommended considering joining it and giving the TVC II subforum at least a brief browse. If you have any questions about it, you're welcome to ask them in the OOC General Discussion thread or PM one of the TVC II GMs (@Disciple of Nagash, @Simon von Carstein, @Get of W'soran and myself).

4. Markond

Markond Skeleton

I'm curious about the reboot; is it going off the official canon and the endtimes are still happening and tvc was just another speedbump on the way to nagash having a full resurrection, or is it wholly in its own timeline ignoring the more recent events to have happened?

5. Simon von Carstein

Simon von Carstein The Poetic Fiend True Blood TVC II GM

The TVC operates in a different timeline. The original took place shortly after The Storm of Chaos and now continues a few years later. Obviously we could never have foreseen GW actually advancing its plots so we're going with the old timeline as the basis and generally ignoring the End Times.

6. Get of W'soran

Get of W'soran CN's Lord of Masks True Blood TVC II GM

It's within it's own "TVC" timeline as it where. As such it follows off from the first TVC with different world events (for example in the current timeline the von Carstein Empire has conquered large portions of the Empire).

There are other differences too but a grasp of the world can be taken from http://www.vampirecounts.net/threads/the-story-so-far.20132/ which shows some of the prologue for TVC 2 and chapter summaries.